Chapter 8

A/N: Thanks for the 380 reads. Y'all are the best.

Gilly's P.O.V

As we leave the classroom we wave to Hazle. She was nice. Lola runs up to us obviously out of breath. "I got you all places for today during lunch." Lola pants "Which means right now. Go go go." She ushers us along. I plant my feet firmly. "What about the others?" I ask. "Oh them?" she says "They know." I finally let her pull me to a circular atrium. There is a statue of Princess Ella in the room. I don't see any door. Lola tells me "Push down on the button on Ella's shoe." As she pulls out a wand. While waving the wand she says "To be ready for a ball, a Princess must go to the mall." 

There is a flask of light and a gust of wind. Seconds later I find myself standing in the center of an indoor market. A gold sign hanging above our heads says THE ROYAL UNDERGROUND. I look at all the shops, seeing ARABIAN NIGHTS JEWELERS (FOR ALL YOUR CROWNING NEEDS), THE SWORD AND THE STONE, SUITS FIT FOR A PRINCE, and PINOCCHIO'S PUPPETS before spotting the shop we need. 

As we walk inside I see girls holding up cotton candy-colored creations and twirling on rotating on pedestals. Others are looking at fabric on floating racks. In the center of it all is Marta. The same annoying voice from earlier says "No questioning the tailor's judgment. All sales are final. If you want something different, find a fairy godmother." I cringe. "Lola darling. How are you?" Marta steps away from her clients. Marta turns to me without waiting for Lola to answer and says "And who do I have the pleasure of here?" I curtsy and say "Gillian Cobbler mam," I manage to stumble and almost fall on the floor. "and these are my friends Kayla Wingtip, Alisson Grace, Maxine Hockler," I pick myself up and see Hayley and Jocelyn heading our way "and this is Jocelyn, and Hayley Holliway." I finish pointing to them as they walk our way. 

Marta takes us into the shop. She looks at AG and says "You look like one of my customers. Belle." AG smiles and whispers shyly "Well, mam. Belle and Sebastion are my parents." Marta nods. "Yellow or gold maybe. Off the shoulder." She mutters "Ah here we go." and she holds up a drawing of a beautiful yellow dress. Marta looks proud when AG says "It's beautiful. Thank you so much."

"You come up here

"You come up here. What is your name?" Marta asks Kayla "Kayla, mam." Marta pulls Kayla towards her and starts to mumble again. "Nice arms. Sleeveless. Probably pink. Buterflies. Cocktail style. Got it." Hold up anther sketch of something truly amazing. "Thank you mam." Kayla says.

" Kayla says