Training Day One

Chapter 5

Training;

Day 1

.

"In two weeks, 23 of you will be dead, here in the training arena you can learn skills essential for your survival. My advice don't avoid the survival skills, most of you will die from exposer and dehydration. You are not allowed fight with any of the tributes here, trust me the'l be plenty of time for that in the games." the woman chuckled "Now go train."

I watch as the crowd disbands.

I walk to the edge of the room and begin to watch, knowing that I would have plenty of time to practice later, I needed to learn about my competition.

Katniss didn't touch the weapons, instead she focused on survival skills. She was smart.

Clove, grabbed some knives with a evil smile on her face and began throwing knives at moving dummy's as they lit up.

She didn't miss once.

Marvel threw spears, unlike Clove, he wasn't completely as into it as her. He seemed distracted.

Marvel was a good shot, but nothing compared to Clove.

Cato grabbed a sword, with a hostile scowl on his face and began slicing up dummy's as if he had a personal vendetta for them.

Glimmer of the careers was the least impressive, she showed off her skills to the max, she was decent with a number of weapons, but wasn't lethal with any.

Blank was sword fighting with the boy from six, they were about physically equivalent to each other.

I figured I had better try to learn something, I walked over to the plant identifier thing.

It was complicated, I was the only tribute who had the guts to even approach it.

I can feel the eyes of the gamemakers on my back.

I read the instructions, and slowly I began.

It was easy, and very informative as I learned, my pace quickly increased, until it ended.

I smiled as I turned to walk away-

Only I found everyone in the room staring at me. Instinctively I ducked my head and tried to look inconspicuous.

That was the last time I would try to do something like that.

I walked quietly over to the snare building area, slowly people began to look away, loosing interest in me.

I looked at the steps, I tried to put it together, I was failing miserably.

"Do you need some help? I can show you."

Startled I froze, then slowly looked up praying that it was not who I thought it was.

Sadly it was.

Marvel grinned cockily as I stared at him in sheer horror.

Oh crap, was he going to kill me? No he couldn't here.... Then what did he want?! Thoughts rushed through my brain as I tried to figure it out.

I guess my best bet was to play along.

"Sure." I said trying to keep the suspicion from my voice.

Marvel didn't catch it, and maintained the stupid grin. "Great. I'll show you!"

He picked the twigs and twine, he hesitated as if he had no idea of where to even start. He began to weave the snare in the sticks into a muddled mass of.... I don't even know how I would describe it.