The Reaping.... My Reaping

Chapter 2;

The Reaping..... My Reaping....

.

I quickly collected Raven Oriel and Jay from the cell.

I noticed my mothers body was gone and felt a tugging on my heart. What had they done to her body....? I knew she was dead..... But I would still like to give her a decent burial.

I push the thought out of my mind and started guiding my sobbing sisters towards the entrance of the justice building, all the while trying to avoid the painful thought of how I had completely ruined my mothers name.

But she was dead now, and me Oriel, Jay and Raven were alive- along with our father wherever he is.....

I pushed the huge doors of the justice building open, imminently feeling a cool rush of breeze in my face.

"Finch....."

I looked down at Jay and Oriel who were both sobbing.

Jay had stopped and looked up at me, tears were running down her red face.

"Yes...?" I said wiping a small tear that had found its way to the corner of my eye, I couldn't cry now, I had to stay strong for my sisters.

"If I die, will I see Mommy and Robin again?" Her eyes were sad and innocent, no seven year old should have to go through this.

I knelt down, dimly aware of the cold justice building steps hurting my knees.

"Of course you will, don't you ever dou- JAY!!!!!" I screamed as my sister flung herself sideways down the justice building steps.

Panic overwhelmed me.

God no!!!

My arm shot out in a desperate attempt to save my sister.

My hand brushed the fabric of my sisters shirt....

I grabbed it, bringing my sister to a halt.

I pulled her small skinny body into a desperate hug.

"LET GO!!!!" she screamed struggling desperately

"NO!!!! DON'T YOU DARE KILL YOURSELF!!!" I screamed clutching her to me.

"PLEASE!!! I just w-want to see Mommy a-again....." she went limp and began to cry histerically

I looked up at Oriel and Raven who were staring at Jay in shock of what had just almost happened.

I looked back down at Jay, and pushed her out to arms length.

"Look at me Jay." I say a little harshly

She looked at me her eyes watering.

"If you kill yourself. You will never go to heaven with Mommy." I felt bad for being so harsh with her- but she had just attempted to kill herself, I had to get through to her!

Her eyes widened with fright.

"W-why?" She stuttered

"Because......." I thought for a moment "You have a purpose Jay, we all do. We all have a mission to accomplish in this life..... And if you kill yourself then you are turning down the mission God gave you and he will be angry."

"But Mommy said God loves me no matter what." Jay said

I sigh unable to think of a good argument. "Just don't kill yourself Jay. Never kill yourself." I say as I stand up.

I begin to walk down the steps, careful to keep a tight grasp on Jay's hand incase she was to try anything, but I think I scared her enough so she won't do that again.....