𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

—— y/n . one month later

aau season has been a drag. we finally stopped traveling and came home. which means, sharife left back to georgia. i'll see in him two weeks though, that's when we start traveling again. we're going to go to texas, chicago, and two other places.

"no, you have to do it like this!" sharife was being dumb and tried to teach me how to do a tiktok dance.

i laughed and corrected him. he shook his head and started to laugh with me. "you really do too much," i smiled at him.

he winked, "only for you!" i cheesed and he took a live photo.

"rife i'm going to kill you!" i covered my face.

sharife put his hand on his chest sarcastically, "i am so hurt by your actions, y/n green. you're verbally abusive too!" he spoke in a girly tone making me giggle.

"you're so dumb—" i was cut off by my door opening, it was jalen.

"why are you so loud for?" he rubbed his eyes.

i mugged him, "it's two in the afternoon." he shrugged and closed the door.

sharife went off of mute and started laughing. "you're too funny dawg," i mugged him and he stopped laughing.

"mhmm. when i see you i'm going to hit you, we gon fight." i spoke as i placed my phone up on my desk.

he smiled, "okay. whatever you say, you know imma win." cocky ass.

"you're all talk, cooper."

sharife smirked, "but you listen to my talk."

i started at him. "yeah because you—"

"aht. don't start, you gon get your feels hurt." i mugged him and started to ignore him. "im sorry, it's the truth though. you know i love you,"

that was the first time he said it. it was over the phone too, and we've only been dating for a month. i- how do i respond? i nodded my head and smiled at him.

"sharife, cmon lets go!" i heard someone yell out for him. he sighed and picked his phone up. "okay, i'll talk to you tonight. i got to go baby."

i softly smiled, "okay. i'll talk to you soon. much love,"

"yuhp. love you too," he smiled and hung up the phone.

now, i'm alone figuring out how i'm going to tell jalen. like what do i say? 'oh hey jalen, i'm attracted to your friend.' 'hi jalen, i have a boyfriend. it's sharife, hope you don't mind.'

i sound so fucking stupid. i think we should tell him in chicago. he needs to know before he finds out any other way.