𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

——y/n green

i smiled at my phone. "naw, you have to do it like this." shaqir tried to teach me how to pop my hip for a tiktok dance.

i shook my head, "i'm doing it correctly." i positioned my phone and showed him. "see."

"you did it incorrectly, i'm done working with you." he was being dramatic as always.

sharife came into the room sweating, "hey y/n."

"oh hi." i smiled and went back to talking to shaqir.

sharife noticed and he didn't look too happy about it. "y/n, you trynna link tonight?"

"yes!" i grabbed my phone and went to lay on the bed.

"okay, imma text you. i'll call you later." shaqir twisted his hair.

i grinned, "okay. bye, love you."

i ended the call and put my phone beside me. "love you?" sharife looked at me confused.

"yeah. we're really close, that's like my brother." i shrugged.

"naw, you shouldn't like him. he's bad news," what the hell is up this boys ass? he has no right to act like he runs shit here.

i rolled my eyes. he's irritating me already by just looking at me. "i'm going to jalens room." i said dryly as i left out the room door.

jalen opened up, "you just woke up huh?" he nodded his head and let me in.

"somethings wrong, what's wrong?" i shrugged and went to go sit on the bed. "josh, look at y/n. don't she look like somethings wrong?"

josh came up to me and inspected my face like a weirdo. he started to poke at my forehead making me laugh.

"that's better!" josh started tickling me.

i started to forcefully laugh, "joSh!"

"aight stop. doing too much gup, that's still my little sister." josh stopped or else jalen would've killed him.

i kicked off my slides and laid in jalens bed. "you ate already?" i nodded and went on my phone.

qir💚
aye you coming over ?

y/n 🙂💕
yes

qir
kk 💚

i smiled at my phone and suddenly, jalen snatched it.

"you're talking to shaqir?" jalen sounded as if he was shocked. "y/n, i told you. no boyfriends."

i looked at him, "we're not dating jalen. give me my phone back." i went to reach for it, but he moved back.

"i'm only protecting you, y/n." he sighed, josh watched as we argued.

"i'm not going to be no fresno thot. you're so fucking irritating, jalen. let me live." fuck my phone, i walked out of the room and went back into mine.

i remember sharife was inside. i sighed and opened up. he was on his phone. i plopped onto the bed and shoved my face into a pillow.

"you okay?" i was still mad at him, so i stayed quiet. "i'm sorry, i shouldn't have said anything."

i rolled my eyes and tossed the pillow on the ground. i should've thrown it at him, but i'm nice enough not to.

"c'mere." sharife patted his bed. i walked over and sat down. "you're too pretty to be crying." he wiped a tear off of my cheek.

i sighed, "i'm tired of jalen treating me like i'm five years old. i'm sixteen i can watch myself."

sharife nodded, "i understand. he just wants to be there before he has to leave for other things like basketball."

i don't even know what happened, but here i was. face to face with sharife. i kissed him, no going back now. he kissed back, deepening the kiss.

the door was getting knocked on repeatedly. "i- uh- so- i'm going to go get that." i pulled away flustered and got up. i walked to the door and opened it up, it was jalen.

"i'm sorry, y/n. i know dad wasn't around much and i just wanted you to know that even with him not here, i am." he pulled me into a hug.

i hugged him back and walked back to my bed. i sat there awkwardly as sharife stared at me. "are you guys okay?" jalen was making the tension in the room worse.

i nodded. "um, i'm going to go to sleep."

jalen made a face, "it's only 7 though? don't you have to—"

"i'm tired!" i yelled and watched as he got up.

"okay okay. i'm going to get going then, i'll bring you guys food around 9." he dapped sharife up and gave me a hug.

i really wished he didn't walk in.