9th Thoughts

#9th Entry

3 s e c o n d s--

"1.. 2.. 3.." When I was a little kid, I remember watching a romantic drama. The heroine said that it only takes 3 seconds to fall in love; 3 seconds to be drawn to someone; 3 seconds to make your heart occupied by someone else; just 3 seconds. I didn't believe it though, I mean--it's impossible right? How can you fall in love with a complete stranger? How can you love someone w/o knowing everything about him? I remember asking my Mom about it, about love. Mom smiled instead and left my mind wonder what does that smile meant. Maybe she meant something, or maybe nothing. I left my thoughts hanging like that and completely forgot about it. Until, I met you.

It was a lazy afternoon in the university. I don't have a class so my friend and I decided to roam around the school. I remembered it was Fall, and the breeze of the wind was cold, colder than the previous autumn last year. I was on my freshman year when I met you. I think you wouldn't remember coz I'm a girl who could blend in the background but I saw you shining the most, even though your wearing that serious facade. I tried talking to you, even called you. I was nervous. My heart was beating so fast, up until now--I can still remember how I reacted that time. You looked through my direction, at that time---you're a volunteer on some club. I didn't even know the name of the club. You stood up and walked through my direction.. "1.. 2.. 3.." I don't why but I started counting, my friend was left dumbfounded too. I just smiled at her and looked back at you. Then you asked if something was wrong w/o returning my gaze. I was supposed to reply but my friend answered for me, and then you nod and asked some of your co-clubmates. "Psst!" I thought it was you but you're busy talking, my eyes wondered around and averted at my friend who had a silly grin. She whispered "Eh? You like him? I don't know what's going on but you've been spacing out for 3 mins, he's asking you but you're not answering. Do you know this dude?" I felt so embarassed after realizing what I did... Seriously, what the heck is wrong with me?! I just acted innocent and ignored my friend. I gazed upon you and noticed that you're done talking. You came back carrying something on your hand. You handed it to us, it's a brochure I think; then you left and sat on your desk again. Afterwards, I felt a great relief. I hope you didn't notice my previous reactions. I gazed back at you, and saw your serious face again. My thoughts was filled with what if's and how's. "I think a little smile would be better." I said. "What? You saying something yuki?" my friend asked. "Nahh, Come on let's go to the library." I took another glance at you before we left.

That was our first meeting, and I know--No.. I don't know, but I think I'm drawn to you.