Chapter 13

"Long ago there we're two friends and they were so close. So close that you can mistake the pair for sisters. But that's how they treated each other, like sisters. But that soon changed when the two friends fell in love with the same man. In order for them not break their friendship, they decided to be fair to each other and let the man decided for himself.

And at last he had made his decision. The younger friend was victorious and had won the heart of the man she loved. But the older friend was heartbroken. She did not know what her friend had that she didn't. But she chose to bottle up her emotions; all of her sorrow, anger, and frustration, she casted aside and put on a happy face for her friend.

Years passed and the younger friend had married the man and had a beautiful daughter. They both treasured her dearly and so did her friend. The older friend loved the little girl like she was her own. But her heart still ached with anger and jealousy.

Everyday the young child would grow and as she did she looked more like her mother. She was going to grow up to be a beautiful young lady.

One day the younger friend along with her husband invited the older friend for the celebration of their daughter's birthday. Which she gladly accepted.

But when she arrived at their home she saw the family all playing together in their front yard. She was again jealous of their life and especially her friend. She was seeing what she could have had of she was the one who won the heart of the man they both loved.

It was getting late and the couple had offered to let their friend stay the evening. She wanted to say no but they insisted so she had no choice but to say yes.

That night when the young child  was asleep her parents were in the living room cuddling next to each other while talking about their little girl and how happy they were. The older friend heard this and it fueled her anger. Her sudden change of emotion made her want them to feel her pain and suffering by ruining the thing they hold most dear.
Then came the idea.

When the couple was asleep , the older friend snuck out of her room and into the daughter's room. With the years of friendship she had with the little girl's mother she never told her one thing. That she was a witch.

Driven by her emotions she cast a curse on the child that made people fear her when they looked into her eyes and vice versa this curse was permanent and only she can reverse it. But after she casted her curse she came back to her senses and realized what she had done. She tried to take back the curse but she had only reduced the effect and gave the girl and advantage for people to see her real appearance if someone were to look at her that had the purest heart but it won't break the curse. And as cliché it might sound she needs a kiss of true love to break the spell.

Guilty for what she had done, that very same morning she confessed what she had done to her friend. The father who was scared of the curse packed his things and left the house afterwards. Leaving his wife and daughter."

"Wait so that woman in the story was-" "My mom" y/n replied before Merlin could finish what he was saying. "And the little girl was...." He paused for a moment. "You." He said looking at y/n. "Yeah..."

"So what happened to your father?" Merlin asked her. "He just disappeared and I don't know where he is." She said looking down at the floor. "And your mother?" Merlin asked again. "She died a few months after my father left."

"So you just lived alone up until now?" He asked "Yeah but the thing is it was quite comfortable at the same time lonely." She let out a nervous laugh. "Then sno- I mean red shoes found me." I said with a smile creeping to her lips as she remembers the memory. "And then you became her hand maiden." Merlin said which made the girl's attention. "What?" She asked. Then she remembered the lie she told about being a hand maiden. "Oh yeah that but you know. I kinda miss my old home it was quiet and comfortable."

A/N: I'm still alive!!! 😅  Sorry if this chapter is a mess and all over the place. My chapters will not have a specific date because my classes might be starting soon. Thanks for reading ❤️❤️☺️❣️💕☺️😊😊😊