Chapter 12

Y/N P.O.V

After everyone's little celebration some of them started to either rest or clean up a bit. I slipped away and I went outside. The memory of Prince Average running away with fear in his eyes was bringing back memories that I didn't want to remember. I held my head as I remember the image of my mom dying and the look of her murderers and the people I frightened with just a single glance when I visited Snow White's castle for the first time which led me to where a blind fold sometimes whenever I would come back to the castle.

Flash back

"Are you sure this is necessary?" Snow asked tightening Y/N's blind fold. "Yes it is. I don't want to scare anyone again." She replied frowning.

End of Flash back

Y/N P.O.V

Then an idea came to mind. I looked at my arm and there it was, the piece of cloth I used to cover my eyes with. I had it there just in case it was necessary to put it on again. I unraveled it from my arm and I was about to tie it over my eyes but a voice stopped me.

"Y/N, what are you doing?"

I turned to see Red shoes standing there. She saw the blind fold in my hands and walked up to me and took it from my hands. "You promised to never put this on again." She said to me but I just looked at the ground. "It's just that.....when I looked at prince Average and to see that expression of fear is making me want to put it back on. I'm tired of everyone being afraid of me. I'm so scared I might scare Merlin and others too. I'm afraid of myself. It's a miracle that they haven't questioned why I don't look at them in the eye."

Red placed a hand on my shoulder. "I already told you, you don't have to be scared. You have me and papa and we're not scared of you. In fact we love you. Your curse doesn't mean anything to us. You're a caring, kind, and humble person and that is what we see." Red shoes then thumb and index finger under my chin and raised my head to face her. "We see you not your curse. And I'm sure there's someone out there that can break your curse." Red shoes said giving me a hug and saying that I shouldn't be scared. Reassuring me that I still have a chance to break this curse. "Come on, let's go back to the others." She said as she pulled away from the hug. Hand in hand we walked back to the others and help with things that needed to be done. Red went to help Arthur with something and I helped Merlin put long ears back in the barn. Afterwards we both sat down for a while and talk. We ended up laughing at the events that happened today. "You should have seen the look on his big ugly face when bunny came running at him." Merlin said laughing at the thought.

"That's how you see everything, isn't it?" "With my eyes?" Merlin answered, confused.

"You always talk about what someone looks like." "I do? I wouldn't say that." He said "But I can't wait for you to see the real me." He added "what kind of Merlin is the real you?" I asked him. "You might not believe it but the real me is famous, handsome, and even popular." He exclaimed. "Not short, stumpy, and green." He added frowning looking his hands. "Yeah you're short, stumpy, and green but you're also a wonderful and charming person." I explained to him. "I'm not explaining it right. If you saw the real me you'd know exactly what I mean." He said pushing his point further. "I think I can see you and I like you just as you are." "Hehe that's hilarious. Here close your eyes and imagine the real me. I guarantee it'll be different." I closed my eyes jus as he said and tried to imagine the 'real' him. "I do feel something different." "Really?!"  Merlin said excitedly. "But eyes opened or closed, to me you're still Merlin." I paused for a moment. "Now tell me who am I to you?" I asked while still closing my eyes. I mentally slapped myself in the face for that question. Why did I even asked that, this is so embarrassing. I tried to hide my blush as Merlin answered. "You're a gift, a gift that'll transform me into someone amazing. Just like you're amazing." As he said those words I felt something different. It was like I was floating on the air just as how books at home described the feeling of when you meet the one, your true love. I slowly opened my eyes and turned to look at him. And he was getting closer to my face. Before it was to late how ever I fixed my eyes on the ground, I don't want him to be affected by the curse. At the same time he also turned away, scratching the back of his neck, trying to act casual. He noticed that you were looking away again. The question has been at back of his head ever since the day she came here. "Why do you avoid my eyes?" Merlin the covered his mouth he didn't mean to say his thoughts out loud. The question startled me but I let out a sigh. "Let me tell you a story."

To be continued....

A/N: Do you think Red shoes/Snow White should end up with someone? Please let me know. Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😊😊😊😊😊