17 - The Wreck

"Stealing drones makes you hungry

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kie said as we pulled up to The Wreck. John B put the van in park and I ushered JJ out of the van.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ said as he stepped out of the van and I gagged. Let's just say I wasn't the biggest fan of shrimp.

"It would not be pretty." Pope muttered while getting out of the van after me hopping out and closing the door behind him.

I jogged to meet Kie at the front entrance and we walked in to be met with the strong scent of seafood you get every time you walk in the place. "If I don't get food in the next two minutes I think I might die."

"Let me talk to my dad about getting us some food." Kie laughed and made her way to the counter and I stayed back with the boys.

"Hey dad. How'd we do?" Kie questioned and I saluted Mr. C as we passed the counter and led the rest of the group to the seating area.

"You guys better behave, you got it? I'm not trying to get fired because of you." I ordered and they all nodded except for JJ who wrapped his arm around me.

"What happened to asking nicely? I just might have to tell your boss that you're threatening me and my friends at work." JJ teased as I elbowed him in the side.

I noticed Kie along with her dad look back at us which made Pope and John B shyly wave back at them. JJ on the other hand shot up a peace sign and I slapped his hand down and waved to them. "He hates you guys."

"Oh we know." John B nodded, him and Pope still awkwardly waving at the pair before Kie called out to us. "Sit down."

"Oh, yes." JJ cheered as we all ran to sit down at a nearby table and I took a seat at the end next to JJ and across from Kie. "This is why I love you Kie."

~~~

The food had arrived shortly after we sat down and we spared no time waiting before we ate as much food as we possibly could. John B and JJ kept throwing food at each other who kept on hitting me instead due to sitting in between the two.

John B threw a fry meant for JJ but ended up landing in my hair. I rolled my eyes, picking it out of my hair and threw the fry back at him. "Stop wasting food."

"Okay mom." John B raised up his hands at me in defeat which made JJ laugh and cross his arms over his chest. "Great comeback dude."

I laughed along with JJ and looked over to see Kie dancing and motioned for John B to join her. He immediately got up and I watched the two dance for a while before turning to JJ. "Why don't you dance with me?"

"Because you can't dance to save your life Kenz." JJ said and I slapped his arm. "And even if you could, which you can't, I'd still say no."

"Way to boost my ego." I replied, shaking my head and turning back to John B and Kie. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Pope starting at the two and I sighed to myself. It was obvious that Pope had a crush on Kie but he would never say it to her face.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to Pope which seemed to surprise him. "Come on Pope, JJ refuses to dance with me and you're more fun."

"I don't dance Kenn, and neither do you." Pope said but I pulled on his arm and led him to the open floor next to John B and Kie. "Then this is going to be fun."

~~~

I laid my back on the roof of the Cháteau and looked up at the night sky. Ever since JJ and I were young, we would always sneak onto the roof to hang out.

"One day one of us is going to get hurt coming up here." I said, laughing quietly to myself and heard JJ shuffle from beside me. "I wonder who that would be."

I pretended to look hurt and nudged his side. "I may be clumsy but at least I have you and John B to keep me out of trouble."

JJ propped himself up on his elbows and looked down at me. "Oh yeah, and who's going to chase you around when we're not there?"

"I can take care of myself JJ." I argued, sitting up but JJ didn't seem to think so. "Face it Kenz, you're too nice for your own good."

I threw up my hands and raised my eyebrows. "And what's wrong with being nice to people?"

"It's just, you see the good in everyone." JJ explained, laying back down and I followed as he wrapped an arm around me. "Not everyone is as good as you think Kennedy."

"It's called being a dreamer, you should try it sometime." I explained looking up at the sky, admiring the stars that shone above us.

I turned back to see JJ smiling at me. "I'm okay, I think that's more your style anyway."

"Yeah, you're right, you couldn't pull off being nice." I joked as I adjusted my head to lay on JJ's chest and for the next few hours we watched the stars.

~~~

I'm back! I apologize again for such a long break in between chapters and I'm ready to update more frequently.

I know this is a shorter chapter but I promise you the next few will be longer! I hope you enjoy and be ready for the next update!