12 -Redfield Lighthouse

"I mean, it's obvious, right? A family heirloom

"I mean, it's obvious, right? A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message?" John B explained to us as we drove the van to Redfield lighthouse after the incident. "He had to know it was gonna get back to me and Kenn, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible." Kie hesitated after exchanging looks with JJ, which was painfully obvious since I was sitting right next to JJ.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, feel with your sad feels." Pope insisted and I sent him an annoyed look.

JJ laughed and rested his chin on the top of my head. "Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dang nugs and the stickiest ickies."

I sighed and nudged JJ off of me. I never had a problem with him smoking but I always warmed him on what it could do to him. He would always just tease me about how much I worried and told me he'll be fine.

"We're not concocting, okay? Our dad's trying to give us a message." My brother argued and I gave him a reassuring smile.

"If it helps you believe." Kiara whispered softly as if to comfort us. No matter what we said, the others would never believe our dad was still alive.

"Look, we don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out." John B tried to convince them but they didn't seem to believe him.

"It's okay to trip, bro, but-" JJ said but I cut him off as something inside of me took over and I broke.

"Our dad is missing, okay? You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish, and have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

"It's been almost a year." Kie added, looking back at me and John B. "Hey, he could've been kidnapped. That's a possibility." JJ suggested.

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Pope threw out as JJ held me back from attacking him.

"Absolutely. Uh...or Atlantis." JJ joked and I smacked him on the side of the head and turned to John B and Kie. "What do you think the message is?"

"Redfield." My brother explained while we passed the Redfield Lightfield sign which stated it was currently closed because of hurricane Agatha. "Redfield Lighthouse. It was our dad's favorite place."

~~~

Once we made it to the lighthouse John B shut off the engine and we all got out of the van. "Okay, here's what's gonna happen right." John B explained before turning to face JJ. "You're gonna post up and look out for the bogeys."

"Wait, why me?" JJ questioned, pointing to himself and I patted him on the back. "Because you're not coming." Pope pointed out.

"Why?" JJ repeated, raising his voice as Pope rolled his eyes. "There are independent and dependent variables, and you're an independent variable."