11 - I'll Always Protect You

And we were right outside like this

And we were right outside like this." JJ demonstrated to a confused Pope and Kie as he leaned against the wall. "And all we hear is just, 'Bam! Bam! Bam!'

"Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at them like, wait, first off look at this shit." JJ rushed over to them and ran his hands through his hair as paint chips fell out and onto the two. "Look at it."

"The house?" Pope questioned while Kiara gave him a disgusted look that made me laugh. "That's dandruff, disgusting."

"Okay, thank you." Pope said, trying to push JJ away from him while he continued to run his hands through his hair and shake paint chips onto Pope.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point I was just, like...I'm waiting for death."

"Stop being so dramatic, we weren't gonna die." I said as Pope continued to question us. "Okay, so you saw the guy that shot at us, right?"

"Yeah." I replied. "Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like?" Pope questioned, looking at us for any reassurance. "Anything we can bring to a police report?"

"Burly." JJ spoke up and I gave a confused look. How would burly help in this situation? Pope seemed to have the same thought and questioned JJ. "Burly?"

"Yeah, you know, like-" JJ started but Kie cut him off which I was thankful for, I was concerned on where this conversation was heading. "That's not very helpful."

JJ sighed but continued anyway. "Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers."

"Yeah. Yes. No, we know." Kie tried saying but JJ kept talking. "I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers...they're square groupers."

"They're square groupers, like narco square groupers? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?" Pope asked and JJ nodded. "Yeah, man."

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie." Kie sighed and before Pope questioned JJ some more. "What does this square grouper look like? Specifically?"

"You weren't there-" JJ started but Pope yelled over him. "Because apparently you don't know what to look for!"

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time, man. I was under duress, okay?" JJ cried and took a deep breath before going on. "I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming that these guys are serious, serious hombres, man."

I watched John B open and close the compass while JJ went on. "It's a heavy vibe right now, okay? I'm not liking this very much."

"Why do they want the compass?" Kiara questioned which is what I wanted to know, why would a compass cause this much trouble?

"That things a of shit. You couldn't pawn it off for five bucks if you wanted to." Pope explained while I gave him a deadly glare. "No offense. I know it's in your family."