15. Run

(Naiyah's POV)

     Silence. Not a single movement was made or heard as we waited. Not even the wolves hiding in the trees made a single sound. The wind made no sound as it blew the trees softly.

     To my right were my family, waiting, watching, listening. Their faces showed no emotion, but their eyes told a different story. Golden eyes stared straight ahead of them. Watching the shadows in the trees become bigger as the seconds ticked away.

     The smallest of a growl was heard, they were ready to fight. Impatient almost. Just a little bit more. Wait just a little bit more.

     I could hear them, the soft sound of footsteps. At least a dozen, maybe more. Why were they coming straight at us? There's no strategy at all, no plan. They know nothing. I could hear the wolves slowly start to spread out, to attack from either side. Smart.

     Closing my eyes I take one last unnecessary breath. Please don't get hurt. Please.

    Snapping my eyes open I raise my arms up to grab the newborn before he gets to me. My movements are precise. Flipping the newborn over my shoulders while twisting his neck. He didn't even make a sound. It sounded like smashing pottery on the ground. It happened so fast. The sounds of growls and grunts filled the clearing, the wolves didn't hold anything back.

     They don't stand a chance. Turning my body I dodged another one trying to attack. Useless. Grabbed his arms twisting them at an ungodly angle. Weak. I hear him cry out this time. His blood red eyes stared right into my soul, glaring but showed the tiniest bit of fear. His neck snapped so easily. Gone.

     Whimpering, I could hear someone whimpering. I turned just in time to see Emmett throw a newborn off one of the wolves. He threw him right into Paul's mouth. The newborn tried to get a grip. He didn't stand a chance. Paul tore him to shreds. My heart did a flip when the two hotheads nodded to each other. He was safe.

     They were falling one by one, but they still fought. Why? Stop. I gripped one in my hands, tightening around her throat. Her eyes shared nothing but hatred. Hatred for me, for someone she didn't even know. She was just told to hate and kill me. So weak minded. They were all a lost cause, they couldn't be saved. Not even her comrades were coming to save her. Cowards. I stared back at her, head tilting to the side slightly. She hissed, trying to claw my hands away from her. I could feel my hands starting to get warmer, could see pain entering her eyes. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air for the first time today. Flames engulfed my hands, burning her throat as I gripped tighter and tighter. My flames didn't stop there when the girl fell to the ground, burning alive. One after one the newborn army fell faster than it had come.

     It wasn't too long before all of the bodies were gathered in one big pile. Flames twitched on the tips of my fingers, quickly making a softball size flame I threw it into the pile without a second thought. The bodies instantly began to burn.

     Turning to my family, I silently looked over everyone to see if someone was injured. A small sigh left my lips. Thank you.

     "Naiyah, are you okay?" Rosalie asked walking up to her, not really understanding how her hair stayed in the perfect braid after all the fighting. Then again that was her secret power, perfection.

     "I was going to ask the same but I shouldn't be too worried, that had to be the shortest fight in history or something. The poor things didn't even stand a chance." Crossing her arms as she made her way over to the group. Looking up at the wolves, she saw that they were gathered together, probably checking if one another had any injuries as well. "Are Edward and Bella on their way?"