7. Boarder

(Paul's POV)

Dream

   The sun was warm on my skin, which is a pretty big deal considering I live in Washington. The waves crashing against the shore as the sun began to set. The sand was surprisingly warm as I sat on the beach in La Push.

   But I wasn't alone, she sat in front of me in between my legs. Her back against my chest. On instinct my arms tightened around her middle. Her head leaned back against my shoulder as we watched the sun setting along the horizon.

   "You're staring at me again." Her voice soft as she spoke.

   I chuckled and rested my head on her shoulder. "Well how can I not," I whispered in her ear. "You're so beautiful. "

   I saw a smile grace her face, she turned and looked at me. The sunlight reflecting off her golden eyes. She shakes her head and laughs a little. "your such a dork."

   "But you love me anyways."

   She smiled and leaned to kiss my cheek, but I quickly turned my head so our lips touched. She giggled and pulled back.

   I laughed and started to kiss every inch of her face. She wiggles in my arms to get away. But I didn't stop.

   "Paul! Stop that tickles!" she laughs out loud.

   "Never!"  I pulled her closer to me. I laid back on the  sand, bringing her to lay on top of me. Her long black hair caging us as she looked down at me with a smile. I reached up and gently stroked her cheek. "I love you." I say quietly

   She smiles and leaned down to my ear, "I love you too," she whispered. "Now wake up."

   I  pushed her back gently to look at her face, but it wasn't clear like it was before.

   Then I woke up.

End of  Dream

   I slowly opened my eyes to see my old ceiling in my bedroom. I groaned and turned my head to my pillow. A dream, it just had to be a dream.

   I sighed and sat up, running my fingers through my hair. The light from my open window was bright in my room. I looked to the small digital clock on my nightstand. 5:59, it read. I shake my head slight and stood up and headed to the bathroom down the hall. I turned the faucet on and washed my face with cold water. I looked into the mirror and sighed. 

   I need to see her. I need to talk to her. I just need to be close to her. She's taken over my mind since yesterday. All I think about is her. Naiyah. I have to see her today.

   I heard my phone go off in my room and quickly went to go answer it. It was a text from Jared saying he can't patrol this morning. something about Kim have a fever. I texted back saying it was okay and to go look after her. Even though he was probably already there.

   I couldn't but smile as I sent the text. This is perfect, well not Kim being sick and Jared probably mad, but I have to patrol alone today. Which means I can go to the treaty line. Which also means she could be there. Or maybe she's with the Cullen's. My inner self tells me.  The Cullen's, I forgot about them. The smile instantly fell from my face. She could be with them. 

   But that won't stop me from maybe seeing her. But I can't get my hopes up. But I just have to see her. I just have to.