12. The Bonfire

(Paul's POV)

   For as long as I could remember, all the children in the tribe were told our tribal stories. Of course we believed them when our parents told them to us when we were getting into trouble. About the legends of the first shapeshifter, how the cold ones, when they are near that the magic awakens in the tribe, and that if we didn't behave that they would get all the bad kids who kept on acting up. But as I grew older I thought they were just stories for kids imaginations, but I was wrong. 

    When I was first shifted, I thought it was karma for not listening to the elders about the legends. That I was cursed with this because I didn't believe in it. But things are different now. 

    My thoughts were interrupted as I got closer to the small gathering the council was having for the pack. All the council members were there. To the human eye it looks like a regular cook out, Sam was on the grill flipping some burgers and hot dogs. On the food table was already a stack of them, all cooked and ready to go. There was even a bonfire where the elders sat. But this was a council meeting. Billy and Old Man Quil would usually tell stories of the tribe. The true stories. 

    But tonight would be different, manly because Jacob was bringing the leech lover tonight. That and tonight would be the first time Quil, Leah and Seth would hear the legends. I didn't really quite understand why she was coming all the way out here, heck if I knew sooner I would have asked Naiyah to come tonight.

    A small grin came upon my face as I thought of my imprint. How I wondered if she knew about the tribes legends, she probably did. It wouldn't really surprise me at all. Though, she didn't tell me everything about herself yet, I knew she is very intelligent. 

    "Hey Paul, you alright there man?" Sam asked as he was carrying a huge plate of burgers to the table, a towel over his shoulder as he walked past me. I silently shook my head and gave him a small grin.

    "Yeah, I'm alright. Just lost in my own world I suppose."  I said as I walked next to him, already making my plate, pilling it with food.

    "You sure? You seem a lot more distracted lately, is there something on your mind?"

    God, I thought to myself, I feel sorry for  Sam and Emily's future kids, they aren't going to be hiding anything from them. I looked up at him and sighed, "really it's nothing to worry about. I just want this whole new born army to be over and done with. This whole thing has me stressing out and stuff." I told him half the truth. I did want this entire problem to get solved so I can focus on my imprint.

    I see him nod as he makes a plate. "This whole thing has all of us worried, your not the only one here. But the sooner the Cullen's fix this, the closest we are to having them leave the area." I nodded in return. We all wanted the Cullen's to leave, they were the reasons so many of us shifted in the first place. They could have gone anywhere else in the world, but they had to come back here. To a place where they knew what would happened. A small sigh left my lips as I got some more of the burgers, I shouldn't really complain. If it wasn't for them, then I would have never found my imprint. I would have never have met her. Though I really dislike the Cullen's, I am grateful to them for bringing her to me.