98

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿
HARRY'S POV
✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Ten long glorious years. That's how long I've had light shining in my life. Throughout every hard time, throughout every rainstorm that threatened to blow down my power lines and leave me in the dark, she was always there with her brilliantly illuminated heart to help me get back up. Even when there is rain just outside my window, she stands right beside me with her hand clasped in mine, ready to take on the storm together.

"She just fell asleep. Hasn't stopped crying since you left," my mother speaks quietly to me through the phone pressed firmly to my ear. I can't help but smile at the notion that Jane misses me that much considering Belle and I haven't seemed to be able to spend much time away from her since she came into our lives nine months ago, but I also feel slightly bad for my mum having to deal with the crying. Jane is a lot like her mother in that way- she lets you know when she's unhappy and refuses to stop until you've made it up to her.

"If you need me to come back I will," I lament, guilt already overtaking my mind about leaving Mum with a crying Jane. As wonderful of a baby as she's been, it's nearly impossible to get her to stop crying once she starts.

"Did my voice not work?" I ask before Anne even has a chance to respond to my previous statement, a nervous hand running my loose curls back over my head. "I know playing my music isn't really the same thing, but usually my voice is the only thing that calms her down."

Over the other end of the phone, just as a light nighttime June breeze whistles through my ears, I hear the sound of a door opening and my own voice singing Sweet Creature amongst the silence. There is a pause before my mum answers where I can perfectly picture her green eyes that are identical to Jane's, mine being more foresty than the two women, washing over a dark nursery to check on the baby. One soft click of a closing door later and Anne quips rhetorically, "What do you think put her to sleep?"

I find myself releasing a small sigh of relief, my shoulders rising and falling in rhythm with my chest. Shoving my free hand in the pocket of my khaki colored wide leg pants, I fiddle with the keys that reside deep within it to keep my thoughts from racing to a guilty place that involves me drowning in anxiety about leaving Jane for the first time. Belle and I knew the day would come, all of our friends and family shocked that we waited this long, but lately the reality that we need time to ourselves has become too great to ignore anymore.

Butterfly's impact on our life has simply been too great, resulting in us not wanting to leave her.

"Don't worry about me, darling. You and Belle go have fun, and I'll be alright here with Janey. I think you need a night out more than you both realize, especially with the big day you have tomorrow," Anne adds reassuringly, voice slowly rising in octave as I envision her moving farther down the hall and away from Jane's nursery.