25

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

I haven't cried since I left him standing there in the darkness.

I haven't cried since I left him standing there in the darkness, and I walked into the light.

I've come close while buying my one way ticket, then going through security, and even while sitting and waiting to board the plane. My body would start to shake and my lip would tremble, but not a single tear would come of it. I'm not even sure my brain works properly anymore, only controlling my body on autopilot while my thoughts are consumed with nothing but a black abyss.

Sluggishly using the last of the money Harry gave me, I hand my cab driver a wad of cash, not even attempting to count it out, before I'm hopping out of the vehicle and running up to the front door. Birds are chirping and the sky is a dull blue, mist covering the grass and the small hum of crickets still left over from the night before signal the introduction of morning.

After turning the key and quietly entering my mother's home, a chill runs through my body at the memories, but I try and suppress them when I look at the clock as it ticks and reads 6:27.

I quietly take my shoes off and set them at the door after I've closed it with a small click and start dragging my heavy bags to my room. Just before I get there, and it isn't long before I do in our small and quaint home, I drop the handles and creep into Jane's room where she sleeps soundly in her bed.

The only thing I want more than to crawl in bed and cuddle my mom who I haven't seen in months is to rid myself of this damn dress and all the bad memories that come with it. So I leave her door open slightly and scurry to my room, heavy bags in hand. I throw one open and pull out the first giant t-shirt I can find, hastily yanking the uncomfortable velvet from my skin and replacing it with the soft white cotton.

Mint toothpaste cleanses my mouth and cold water rejuvenates the dry skin of my face, washing away the already smeared makeup before I pull the sheets back and crawl into bed with Jane. I snuggle up to her small back and breathe in the fresh smell of gardenias and honey coming from her hair, closing my eyes and taking comfort in her presence.

I can't even think straight, but despite the visions of boyish faces, abusive hands, tall beautiful women, and glowing green eyes, I eventually fall asleep with steady breaths to the soft sounds of my mother's own breathing.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

   When I first wake up I don't know where I am.

   I jolt up from the bed in confusion before eventually seeing the empty space next to me and recognizing my mom's bedroom, Georgia sunshine shining in through the small windows and lighting her blue walls a fierce shade of teal.