47

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

"All of my other colors exploded on the plane during the move, so you only have these to choose from," I bite down into my lip to suppress my giggle as Harry mulls over the bright nail polishes I just handed him. His eyebrows furrow and his tongue peeks out of the corner of his lips as his green eyes slowly search the bottles that look even smaller in the palms of his massive hands.

"What if we do yellow and put little smiley faces with the black?" He questions, face brightening at the giddiness his own idea brings.

I stare at him with mouth hanging open in disbelief, smile slightly curving up the corners of my lips as a small laugh leaves my throat. Reaching forward with a shake of my head, I take the colors from his hands and set them out on the table before us. "The fact that you think I'm talented enough to do that is flattering, but I can barely file my toe nails down without leaving sharp edges, so you're going to have to take what you can get."

This earns a laugh from the boy who adds, "Then why am I letting you paint my nails if you're just going to end up painting my entire finger?"

"Became it will be fun, and your hands are just so pretty, why not add a pop of color?" I shrug. "Plus, I'm just bored and painting my own nails just doesn't cut it anymore. I need to take my extraordinary skills elsewhere."

I shove my freshly painted white nails in his face that are extremely messy with bits of paint all around the nail bed and even dotted across the skin of my fingers. He grabs hold of one of my hands and inspects it with narrowed eyes, and I can tell he's fighting the urge to grin, instead holding a serious face and pretending to think about it when I know he's going to cave and let me tarnish his own nails just like I've done to my own.

"Fine," he groans with a sly dimple eliciting smirk. "Since you wanna be boring let's do black."

"Woah! I may be untalented and get bored easily, but I am not boring!" I exclaim with a raised brow as an idea sparks and I grab two polishes and start shaking them to mix up the paint.

"That doesn't look like black to me," Harry quickly points out and pulls his hands away when I take the brush dripping with blue paint from the bottle and bring it towards his fingers.

"No shit. Now give me your finger before this drips everywhere."

Finally, after struggling to get Harry to cooperate, fixing every smudge and dent in the polish from when he would move too much, and having to take acetone on a tiny brush to clean up the edges, I'm finally able to marvel at my work. Every other nail is either pink or blue, and even though it's not Picasso level work, in fact it's quite elementary, Harry still can't stop smiling at them.

"Your turn," Harry says while grabbing for my hand.

"What?" I grin. "They're already done."

Fine Line // H.S.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara