Mysterious Mist (Sting Eucliffe x Reader)

Dedicated to Glow_fly. Enjoy!

<(^.^<) (>^.^)>

Your POV 

"Sting! Wait up!" I ran out of my guild and looked for the blond male. 

"What's the matter?" Sting asked and I jumped up in surprise. I turned around and saw Sting staring at me and he smiled.

"You scared me! Well, Rogue said you were going on a job all by yourself and I was just wondering... Can I come with you?" I closed my eyes and begged for a yes. Sting laughed and he patted my head.

"Sure. As long as you don't become a trouble," Sting said and my mouth widened in excitement. The both of us began to walk away from the Sabertooth guild hall and Lector climbed into my arms.

"Do you know where we're going?" I asked Lector and the cat nodded. 

"Sting-kun said he's gonna investigate a mysterious village for a large amount of jewels," Lector told me. We continued walking for quite awhile until we reached the depths of a forest. 

"Watch out, (y/n)," Sting warned me. "Many have disappeared in this forest and they have never been found."

Lector and I exchanged looks and our face turned purple in fear. "Don't scare me like that Sting..." I said as I sweat-dropped.

"Shh... I hear something." 

I gulped and the nearby bushes started to rustle. All of the sudden, something grabbed me by the arm and I screamed in fear, only to realize that was only Sting.

"Woops! I'm sorry," Sting apologized. "I just want you to stay near me, so you don't get lost."

"Alright... but did you hear that?"

Sting nodded and Lector hugged my leg. "Something might be coming for us, let's just keep walking," Sting ordered and I obeyed him. The three of us kept walking deeper and deeper into the forest, until we stopped at a wall of fog.

"Sting-kun, what is this?" Lector asked and Sting shrugged.

"I don't know. (y/n) hold my hand and stay near me at all times," Sting said quietly and we held hands together. I was really scared of the unknown territory we were able to go to, but I knew Sting would be by my side and he would protect me no matter what.

The fog around us started to move and it looked like it was closing in on us. The misty air turned pure white and the temperature began to rise. It basically felt like the fog was sucking us in, into some vortex.

"Sting, what do you- Sting? STING?!" I stared at my right and saw that Sting was no longer holding my hand and he was no longer here. I panicked and wandered around in the clouds of mist, searching for my lost friend.

"Sting! Where are you?! Please tell me you're nearby!" I cried. Tears formed at the corner of my eyes and I prayed that hopefully Sting was able to hear me. To my dismay, there was no answer and I was officially lost in the mysterious mist.

I continued wandering aimlessly in the mist hoping that I could just bump into Lector or Sting. However, suddenly, I heard a growling sound and I turned around only to face a gigantic beast with razor sharp claws and canine teeth. The mist in the air swirled and wrapped around the monster like a coat.

I tried to carefully move back, but my legs were trembling and I couldn't move. I was a stone covered in fear.

"(y/n)!" I heard someone shout out of nowhere and my eyes widened when I recognized that voice.

"Lector!" I yelled, hoping that he would hear me. Thankfully, Lector got my message and I saw him running towards me. When Lector arrived, he stared at the beast covered with mist and he immediately coward in fear like me.

"(y/n)... Wh-Wh-What is that?!" Lector stuttered and I swallowed.

"I... I don't know, Lector," I answered.

We both looked at the terrifying beast and it stared right back at us. Then the beast opened its mouth and it released a loud roar, killing my ear drums and sending a powerful gust that knocked me and Lector away.

I managed to catch Lector as we both flew away, but as for me I slammed into a tree hard. "Crap," I muttered as I felt the pain from my bruised back surging through my body. I looked at the beast once more and I saw it trutting towards us.

"(y/n)... What's gonna happen to us?" Lector asked in terror and he grabbed onto my shirt.

"I don't know Lector... I-I-I'm sorry for being weak. If only I was strong like Sting, I would've been able to save us both," I apologized and tears streamed down my face.

"Don't say that! It's not your fault!" Lector argued back and his face was filled with tears too. "Is this really going to be the end of us?"

I hugged Lector and we both cried our eyes out. In the distant, the giant beast continued to prowl towards us and his footsteps sent miniature earthquakes everywhere.

This was it... We were going to die... to the hands of this beast... 

*Timeskip*

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was blue eyes. I shifted a little and found myself on a bed in some kind of room I've never been before. 

"Where am I?" I asked and Sting didn't reply. Instead, he wrapped his arms around me and he held me tightly.

"You're in my room... But I'm so happy you're okay," Sting said and I could hear pauses in his voice. Sting started sniffing and soon his voice began to muffle.

"Sting... What happened?"

"Nothing... I'm just so happy you're okay," Sting said.

"What about Lector? Is he okay?" Thousands of questions popped up in my head because I did not know how long I passed out for.

"He's fine and all better, and he told me everything. I'm so sorry I came to your rescue when it was too late. I got so worried," Sting explained and he continued to tighten our hug.

"It's not your fault. You did save me afterall. I'm still here alive... in this... room."

Sting coughed a little. "It's my bedroom. I brought you home since I didn't want the guild to find out."

"Find out what?"

Sting released our embrace and looked at floor. "I didn't want them to know that I brought you home all harmed and unconscious. I was so scared too... and I didn't know what to do..." 

Sting's expression sulked and he sniffed once again. 

"Hey. Don't feel bad. I told you already, it's not your fault. You did nothing wrong, in fact I owe you for saving me out there."

Sting looked up at me and I tried to lift up his spirits by smiling. That did the trick and Sting chuckled softly. 

"You really don't owe me anything... but I guess if you insist."

"Huh?"

The next thing I knew, Sting pushed me down on his bed and his face was just centimeters away from mine. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Before I could even answer, Sting kissed me on the lips and it sent sparks flying all over my body. My heart pounded from Sting's hot kiss and my head screamed YES! YES! YES!