Lucky Lunch (Rin Okumura x Reader)

Dedicated to LibbyBrinkmann. Enjoy!

<(^.^<) (>^.^)>

Your POV 

"This isn't over!" With that, the three boys ran off in the hallway. When they were out of sight, I helped the gallant male up as he brushed off his hands.

"That'll teach them to bully you! If they come again, I will kill them!" Rin swore and I blushed. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I tackled Rin into a hug and Rin patted my head. 

"Yeah, yeah. Nobody hurts my friend."

I stared at his blue eyes and his stern face with fascination. The way he always protected me when time got tough, made me see him as a big brother.

"Hey, as a thank you for saving me again, I'll go buy you lunch!" I said and Rin nodded. 

"Sure! I do like myself a treat sometimes," Rin agreed. I took his hand and led him outside of the school where we went to nearby park right next to a mall. We got ourselves a falafel sandwich, which I gratefully paid for both of them.

"It's a really pretty day," I mused as Rin and I sat down at a bench. The breeze in the air with the smell of nature, flourished our bodies with tranquility.

"Yeah." Rin took a bite of his falafel sandwich and he munched down the meat. I saw his face and Rin smiled. "This is delicious!"

"Mhm! They sell the best falafel sandwiches here." I took a bite of my own lunch and moaned in its deliciousness. 

Suddenly, a little girl walked up to us and she stared at Rin. Rin stopped eating his sandwich and he frowned at the little girl. "What do you want?" Rin snared.

The little girl's eyes widened and I nudged Rin. "Rin, don't be so mean to the poor girl," I mumbled. Then I turned my attention to the girl. "Hey, do you need help with something?"

The little girl turned her head and she asked out of nowhere, "Are you guys dating?"

Rin and I exchanged shocked looks and I shook my head vigorously. "No! We're just friends!" I denied.

"But my friends said that if you hang out with boys, that means you like them! And my mom said a boy and a girl date when they like each other!"

"Well, we're just friends," I assured the little girl. "Just because you hang out with a boy, doesn't mean you like them."

"But my friends made fun of me when I played with a boy!" the girl cried. She let out a sniff and said, "That's why I'm alone here in the park because all the girls made fun of me for hanging out with boys."

I patted the little girl's head. "Don't be sad. Your friends are just rude, don't listen to them. You have the right to hang out with whoever you want, boy or girl! Right, Rin?"

Rin rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Then the little girl asked Rin, "Do you like to hang out with girls?"

Rin scowled. "What?"

"Do you get made fun of for being with girls?"

"No!"

"Why not?" the girl kept questioning.

"Because I will beat them up if they make fun of me," Rin answered back forcefully.

"Is she your best friend?"

"What?!"

"The girl sitting next to you." The little girl pointed at me. "Do you love her?"

"STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!"

The girl stopped and she burst into millions of tears when she saw Rin's eyes shooting death lasers at her. "I'M SO SORRY! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!!" the girl wailed and Rin flinched. I glared at Rin and scorned him.

"Why did you make the little girl cry?!" I yelled and I tried to comfort the sobbing child. "She's just curious..."

"It's okay," the girl made out through her tears. "I shouldn't be assuming that he loves you, when he clearly doesn't."

"Hold up! I NEVER SAID THAT!" Rin interrupted. Once again, the girl and Rin started brawling.

"You told me to stop asking questions, so I assumed that you didn't love her!"

"Stop assuming things then! I never said I didn't love her!"

"So you do love her!"

"I never said that too!"

I broke the fight and let out a gigantic sigh. "Okay, where is this going?!" I asked the both of them and they shrugged. I shook my head and turned to the little girl. "Hey, we have to go back to school now or else we'll be late. It was fun meeting you though."

"Oh alright. Thanks for talking to me! It gets lonely in the park with no friends..." The girl looked away and I felt bad. Her mom was probably away shopping or talking to someone and she just left her daughter in the park with no one to hang out with.

"Well, we're your friends," I finally stated. "We should play together next time if we see each other!"

"Really?!" the girl beamed.

"Yup!" I nudged Rin and he grumbled a yes too. We bid our goodbyes to our awkward and unexpected encounter, but I knew the little girl was an angel at heart. When the little girl was gone from our sight, I looked at my unfinished falafel sandwich and threw it away. I didn't even finish my lunch...

"It's time to leave already?" Rin asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, we better get back to school before we miss our class." I stood up and began to walk away, but Rin dragged me back down.

"Hey, about what the little girl said. I don't, don't love you," Rin told me and I looked at him confusingly.

"What?"

"I'm trying to say, don't think that I don't love you because of what I said to the little girl," Rin whispered. "That's because I lied and I actually love you."

...and with that, my lunch was completed with a cunning kiss with the son of Satan.