chapter four

"I still can't believe we agreed to this," Calum muttered from beside me, shaking his head. I chuckled and shrugged as he plugged in some headphones and rested his head on my shoulder, drifting off into his dreamland.

We had to catch a private plane to Paris extremely early in the morning. Calum was sitting beside me and Ashton was right across from us. However, there was a large space between us. The reason why I didn't sit next to Ashton was because he placed his briefcase and began to work straight away.

I packed everything I owned in a suitcase and got to the airport in a car that Ashton had sent for me. When I got there, I saw Calum, and straight away, we had settled upon staying together throughout the trip, since Ashton would be extremely busy. But if I am honest, I was looking forward to spending time with Ashton on this damned trip.

I must have thought about this for five minutes, and all throughout this time, I was staring at Ashton. It wasn't my intention at all; I suppose I simply zoned out. However, Ashton didn't take it this way. "Layla, you have been staring at me all this time,"

I blushed and looked down, but quickly after, I looked up and met his gaze. "I'm sorry, Mr. Irwin, it's just-I was wondering why were you working on a peaceful trip? I thought you might want to get some rest."

"How so?" Ashton tilted his head, and furrowed his eyebrows. However, his eyes had returned to the hypnotizing screen in front of him.

"Well, I'm aware that you did not leave the office until three in the morning last night, and we met up at 6:30, and the plane left at promptly 8," I explained, still looking at him,"that would mean that you had a little less than three hours of sleep,"

"Why are you so concerned?" He spoke and this seemed a bit harsh.

So, instead of shutting up like I usually would, I spoke up for myself. However, not much came up due to the fact that the little courage I had mustered up, wasn't enough. "It's just-I don't, never mind, sir."

"You might as well go to sleep-"

"I don't want to sleep, Mr. Irwin," I snapped, seemingly, the courage that I had stored, began to surface. He stopped typic for a few seconds, but then continued, as if nothing had happened.

"Well, I won't be sleeping nor entertaining you, so you might as well,"

And damn, I hated when he was right.

--/--

I must admit that throughout this ride, Calum and I woke up once in a while. A total of four times, if I'm correct. Once to eat and watch a film with Calum. Another to check up on Mr. Irwin, who surely enough was still working. Then afterwards because there was some slight turbulence and Calum was slightly stirred by this. And now, once we had finally landed in Paris.

I was so excited for Paris. Frankly, I had been pretty much everywhere, but last time I was here, I must have been like 16. Calum and I walked side by side through customs and such, and as soon as we stepped out of the airport, people began to line up. Not paparazzi exactly, but fanatics, more likely.

They didn't make much of a problem for us to get through. We just sort of smiled and waved as we moved through the crowd. Then, we were back on our asses, sitting down and driving to a remote five-star hotel. Of course, I was the one who made the reservations, but I don't even know where it is located in Paris. Oops.

The car ride was filled with Calum listening to rock music that blared through his earphones. Then the driver telling us things in French that I half-comprehended. And Ashton, looking out the window, his hands intertwined against his lap. He looked so mesmerized by all the people and the buildings and the cars that surrounded us.

I know he wouldn't ever admit it, but I could tell that he was enjoying having an excuse not to work.

As soon as we got to the hotel, I noticed that I had done a good job. It was tall, lined with transparent glass. And whatever wasn't glass, was gold. The steps were polished marble and I was afraid to even step on it. People were awaiting Ashton and they asked for his autograph, same with Calum. But, I believe that these people were more interested in their looks rather than their jobs.

As they pleased the people out front, I came inside and went to the receptionist, who was a nice, brunette, lady with an Italian accent, if I'm correct. She typed in my name and found that I had reserved the presidential suite, which had three rooms, one with their correspondent restrooms, and a living area. Mr. Irwin wouldn't settle for less.

She nodded at me, handed me four hotel cards, just in case one of us lost one, and sent me off. The boys were already waiting, luggage in hand. I took a moment to admire Ashton for a minute.

He was wearing a light blue button down with slacks and dress shoes. His hair, as always, remained curly at the top of his head. Ashton was looking down at his phone, absentmindedly typing. His duffel bag, which he claimed was all he needed, was by his side.

As I approached, he seemed to hit send, lock his cell, and place it in his pockets. I was dragging my suitcase behind me as the other two followed like lost puppies, which is what they looked like.

We arrived at the presidential suite and I was the first one to step in. Medium-sized kitchen, living room, dining room, balcony, three doors-two on one side and the other on the opposite wall. The two boys pushed past me and Calum yelled out,"I call the big room,

"Not if I get there first," Ashton screamed, giggling for the first time in a while.

Little did they know, that they were both wrong.

--/--

Woop

Okok so vote and comment

ily all

xoxo gossip girl