chapter fourteen

Ashton was astounded by the fact that I had used his first name instead of my regular 'Mr. Irwin' or 'Sir'. He was mad, in a way. I knew deep down that he liked to be on top (no, not like that), and the upper-hand to him could make the biggest difference.

"Did you just call me Ashton?" He asked and I chuckled, nodding.

Michael looked over at me, and then at Ashton, knowing that mistake would hurt me in the morning. However, I responded, "Yeah."

"Michael," Ashton said, moving his gaze from me onto the guy that still held my wrist, "I'll take care of her; it's time she got home anyway."

"Alright, Ashton," Michael dragged out my boss' name, making fun of Ashton as he did so. It made me laugh for a little while, until Michael ran away and Ashton's hand was on my wrist.

Ashton pulled me up some stairs that seemed to be floating in mid-air. The bright red color of these steps was almost mesmerizing to me. But before I had the chance to get distracted, we had reached the top floor, carpet surrounding all the floor.

Once we were upstairs, he ordered me to sit on the bed, and me being the stubborn drunk I am, I sat on the floor. Yeah. Ash walked out of the room for a little while, I suppose to tell Calum where I would be staying for the night.

Once he came back, his eyes darted to the bed and then, he saw me on the floor and he rolled his eyes. Ashton made his way towards me and helped me up, which was very hard since I was wearing heels the size of the stem of a wine glass.

"Layla," he sternly said, squinting his eyes and trying to act tough, "I will always be 'Mr. Irwin' to you, do you understand? I don't ever want to see you pull that shit of my first name again in public."

"Mhm," I nodded, my head bopping up and down. For some reason, this was oddly entertaining to me so I kept moving it up and down until I got tired-or well, until Ashton grabbed my face with his hands.

"And you contravened my order, do you understand that?" He asked, his tone and eyes getting softer.

I giggled, "What's contra-peed?"

"No-No," Ashton sighed in frustration, as I was an infuriating person to deal with while I was under the influence, "I said 'contravened', it means disobeyed."

"Oh," I dragged out the word, giggling as I did so.

There was a prolonged silence, where Ashton was moving the comforter for me to lay under, and I was examining the fucking amazing chandelier that hung from the roof. Then, my mouth let out something appalling, even to drunk me, "Are we gonna have sex or?"

"N-What?" Ashton stopped what he was doing and looked down at me, where I was still sitting calmly on the floor.

"Well?" I asked, finally trying to get up, but only to fall back on my butt as these heels were not helping me at all.

Ashton came to the rescue, helping me get up as he held onto my hands. Then, once I was on my feet, he said, "I wouldn't do that shit to you."

"Do what?" I asked, my head tilting to the side like a puppy's.

"Take-" Ashton began, but let out a sigh as he could barely get the words out of his damn mouth. Finally, he mustered up the courage, "Take advantage of you like that. I care a- never mind."

My frown was swished away in a second, being replaced by a grin as I shrugged, "Ok."

"Ok?" He asked, letting go of my hands and telling me this as if he couldn't believe it, "That's all you're gonna say?"

"Yup." I said, nodding and walking away from him. However, he had different ideas.

Ashton held onto my wrist and pulled me close to him, spinning me as he did so. At the end, I was pressed up against his chest, my hand resting above his beating heart. "I'm going to ask again. Is that all you're going to say?"

"Yeah," I said, not quite understanding what he was getting at. But as soon as he shot me a warning glare, a burst of realization made me jump slightly in my place, as if his glare could shoot daggers, "I-I mean 'Yes, Mr. Irwin'."

"Good, now let's get you to bed," Ashton spoke, setting me down on the bed.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, my eyes fluttered close, but I was conscious. Ashton pulled up the covers to my neck as I moved around and cuddle up with the sheets, moving my body so that I could lay on my side.

As I began drifting off, Ashton's footsteps moving around, back and forth, around the room, I began to feel the bed sinking down next to me. Next thing I knew, his lips were on my forehead as he left a soft kiss near my temple. "I care about you, Layla. A lot. "

And with these words, my mind drifted off into the most peaceful of sleeps. 

-/-

short chapter apter ik ik I'm sorry

Im sorta grounded so shhh

also I'm having trouble with the new Wattpad updage so if I accidentally upload a chapter out of order I'm sorry

I wouldnt read it if I were u for ur sake

ok ily all

xoxo

gossip girl