chapter twenty-six

We touched down and I had made a ridiculous excuse for Ashton to go on without me. He believed me. I had an uneasy feeling about this. Regardless of how much I trust or don't trust Dave, Logan would get his way.

Not even seconds had passed, and there was already someone else on the plane. I suppose you can guess who the hell it was. Now, my seat was placed so that I was not facing the door, but at the same time, I somehow knew what was going on.

As soon as I heard footsteps, I got the fuck up, ready to bolt out of the steel tube that they called a plane. But was Logan going to allow that? Of course not.

His hands gripped onto my forearm, throwing my body into the seat where Ashton once sat a few moments ago. Logan's eyes were wild, raging with something that'd never seen before. It was odd, strange -hell, it was terrifying.

"Do you fucking think that you can lead me on, and then fuck someone else?" Logan spat, each hand taking a place in each one of the armrests.

Regardless of what I felt on the inside, I kept my cool, or at least attempted to, "I don't know wha-"

"Bullshit," Logan yelled, pushing himself up straight again, "the least you could have done was told me."

"What? That I'm screwing my boss, and  that when you asked me out I was way too drunk to think straight?" I scoffed, trying to act as if he wasn't mad. Oh, but that only enraged him even more.

"You could have started with that," he exclaimed, pacing the thin aisle of the airplane.

"What a shame it is that I didn't though, huh?" I retorted, standing up for myself, "What do you want from me? Money?"

"Do you honestly believe I need money from you?" He chuckled in my face, "Try again, sweetheart."

"I-I don't know. Would you just leave me alone? I have places to be," I stood up, facing him, our faces only a few inches from one another.

His jaw clenched and he pushed me with one swift movement back down on the chair, making it clear to me that I was staying on that chair for a little while longer. Logan was acting extremely possessive at that moment. It was a frightening experience.

My phone began to vibrate, Ashton's name appearing on the screen. Both Logan and I looked at the phone at the same time, waiting for it to stop. However once it did, Logan was back to his mean ways.

"Ashton, really? I mean I could understand Calum, but fucking Ashton? Do you have any self-respect?" He chuckled, walking back and forth the aisle of the plane.

I sighed, stopping him from moving by grabbing his shoulders,"Listen, I'm sorry, but I really like Ashton and I care about him. When I said yes to you I was drunk, it was a mistake."

"But when you were with him it was a totally sober idea?"

Well, not exactly.

"I mean sort of," I shrugged.

"Sort of?" His tone got higher and now, he was more upset than ever. Shrugging my hands off his shoulders, he began to walk towards me, which made me walk backwards until we hit a wooden surface. I was cornered. "You fucking cheated on me with the guy I hate most in the world and then you have the guts to admit it? That's so fucking low."

"I didn't cheat on you," I raised my voice as well, " because guess what? We were never together in the first place, assh-"

I didn't finish my sentence. Logan's hand reached up to my cheek and slapped me with such a force that I fell down the wall. My hand traced over the stinging on my cheekbone, knowing it would be red by now.

Logan kicked me, he did. Quite a few times actually. But luckily, Dave had seen it all. He was quickly out of the cabin, prying Logan off of me. However, as he did so and Logan kicked up in the air like a child. His foot came in collision with my temple, making my vision go wobbly for a few seconds.

James was by my side now, trying to get me to stand up. Of course, I couldn't do that because I was wearing heels and I felt so dizzy that I could vomit. By now, Dave had cornered Logan, who was just death glaring me from across the plane.

Suddenly, Logan's eyes left me and turned to the door. It was still hard for me to focus on James, and he was a foot away. Nevertheless, I had no clue who was walking in through the door.

This person strolled in and stared at Dave and Logan for a second, then he saw me and James. Now, even though he was just a blurry mess, I could sense that he was ticked off.

Strolling my way, he placed his hand on my neck and my vision began to come back. It was Ashton, an odd look on his face. He grabbed my chin and looked at the bruise on my temple and the redness of my cheek. And immediately, he knew what happened.

Ashton left me on James' arms as he walked towards Logan. Dave stepped aside, but stayed close enough to break up a fight if he had to. Naturally, Ashton threw not one, but four punches at Logan. Logan tried to snap back, but it was useless, so Dave divided them, deciding that Logan would probably get his ass whooped.

Ashton placed his arm around my waist as I leaned my head against his shoulder. He grabbed my purse and scoffed at the men in the plane, "I hope you're all satisfied with what you've done to her."

He dragged me away, a small car already waiting for us. We hopped on and I saw the all-too familiar driver whose name I had forgotten at that moment.

Once I was sat down, I did what any logical person would do. I cried. Tears flowed from my eyes continuously as Ashton held me, head pressed onto his chest.

He pulled away and sat back next to me, putting his arm around me, "We'll talk about this when we get home."

But we were already in Baltimore.

What did he mean by home?