08 ; breaking

CHAPTER EIGHT
LITTLE BIT DARKER

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Lena had never felt regret as pure and strong directed towards joining track before this trip. And, honestly, she wasn't sure it was even humanly possible to hate something as much as she hates this cross-country meet right now. Scott hated her for reasons she had yet to decipher, Stiles and her were apparently on a silent treatment basis as of now - seeing as he was basically attached to Scott by their sides. And she, Allison, and Lydia never really got along to begin with. She was simply stuck shadowing Isaac and Boyd like a lost puppy. But, really, that's what she felt like.

She felt exactly like she had when she first got to Beacon Hills High - alone.

So, in a nutshell, Lena's life basically sucked at the moment.

"Listen up," Finstock drawled. Lena and Isaac turned away from the grumbling Boyd, directing their attention towards their only form of a chaperone on this trip. "The meet's been pushed 'till tomorrow and this is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves."

Lena rolled her eyes whilst Isaac smirked. "Guess that leaves you, me, and Boyd, huh?"

Lena turned to the boy beside her; her smirk mirrored his. "You heard the sociopath. Hands to ourselves," she shrugged innocently as she directed a finger towards Coach Finstock. "You and Boyd can share a bed, I prefer to sleep alone, actually." Lena smiled as Isaac's face fell considerably. It was true, she wasn't about to sleep with Isaac when her crush on Scott was (read: hopefully) still lingering. Plus, she had no intentions of sleeping with Isaac, anyway.

At least, not right then.

□ □ □ □ □

Boyd sat atop his bed, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead as he stared down the unplugged radio. It just wouldn't stop - even if it was unplugged. The voices were still there.

So, after a few moments of deafening static, he threw it at the door. Or, really, at Lena, who was just coming in from getting towels that had not yet been tainted with the powerful stench of nicotine.

"Boyd," she cried out, clutching her forearm in pain as she sunk to the floor. Eyeing the radio, she added, "what in the hell is wrong with you?"

"Sorry," Boyd uttered, standing up and walking to the door. Lena shook her head irritatedly while looking around the room. "I'm sorry." The door slammed shut behind him, leaving Lena in the wafting confusion.

"Boyd?" Lena rolled her eyes, wondering how exactly it was that Isaac could sleep through so much noise.

"Nope," Lena mused. "Just me."

Isaac lay back in the bed, staring up at the deteriorated ceiling. Lena's eyebrows stitched together as he began to grin into the air. "Hey -"

"No way. Not a chance, Lahey."

"We both wan-"

"Issac, no."

"You're no fun." Isaac told her whilst Lena giggled. He rolled over in his bed as Lena began sorting through her bag, looking for her iPhone. She didn't care if he didn't want to talk to her. She needed to talk to Scott, now.