16 ; last kiss

lol if you want to cry during this, listen to kayla's (-avalanches) new scallison mix on 8tracks, SM // AA. it'll crush your soul and that's what i listened to when i wrote this (i think the link's in her bio) , so go go go!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
TESTIMONY TO THE WICKED

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Lena tore open yet another drawer, fingers digging into the stacked hospital gowns as another wave of exasperation came over the teenage girl. She gritted her teeth together, already not exactly happy about going out against the twins, but she'd do whatever she had to to insure Scott's safety. Lena retracted her fingernails from the fabric, shutting the drawer and moving on with a sigh. Derek, who was standing just a few feet away, slammed a drawer shut, the group having been searching for quite a while. Lena huffed out, a string of profanities falling quietly from her lips before she redirected her attention on Jennifer, who was adamant on staying towards the back of the room where it was inevitable that she would be the last body ripped to shreds if the twins found them and entered the room.

"You know, you could be helping us out here." Lena spat, refusing to avert her eyes from the drawer, but it was clear the comment was meant for the woman lingering in the back of the room. Derek held back a sigh, and Scott contemplated breaking up the argument, but Lena was bent on getting her point across to the Darach. "This is your druid ass we're saving– the same druid ass that I could have torn to shreds back in that elevator. So, I suggest you start searching, Miss Blake. Unless you want a different form of persuasion, which could just as easily be arranged."

The woman in question stiffened in the back of the room, a chill running up her spine as Lena finally met her eyes. Jennifer wasn't about to forget what forms of bodily harm Lena was capable of inflicting, and Lena knew that she had most definitely left an imprint in the form of agony on Jennifer Blake. Even so, Lena wasn't satisfied until Jennifer cowered back against the wall, as far away from Lena's reach as possible. The woman knew that Lena wouldn't kill her, she couldn't, because she'd lose the trust and ties she held with her friends and ultimately obliterate her reason to stay in the godforsaken town. And after meeting Scott's eyes, the boy shaking his head slightly, Lena sighed in defeat. The teenage girl had finally begun ripping open the last drawer on her bank of shelves when Stiles called out, a defibrillator in hand.

"What about these?" Stiles asked, holding the defibrillator out for Derek to see. The youngest Hale raised his eyebrows, looking over at Lena and Scott before facing Stiles with an expectant look. Stiles raised his eyebrows, awaiting a response when Derek finally sighed.

"Do you know how to use those?" Derek questioned. Stiles deflated, eyeing the device in his hands with a frown, he opened his mouth to speak, but clamped it shut. He seemed to consider Derek's words for a moment, and his answer was decided just seconds later.

Stiles muttered. "Well, no."

"Put 'em down," Derek opted, returning to his own search.

Lena crossed the room, approaching a new set of shelves as Stiles clumsily managed to get the defibrillator to stay on the cart he took it from. Scott looked up at Lena, the girl's back facing him as she struggled to wrench a drawer from its base. Scott frowned, mainly due to the fact that he was progressively growing more despondent as he realized that the man who goes by the name Death Destroyer of Worlds had his mother, and the fact that the girl he was sure he already fell for was putting herself in danger by staying in the evacuated building. But if he sent her out there, if he sent Lena away, he was counting on the fact that she'd stay away.