06 | COMPLETELY OBVIOUS CRUSH

CHAPTER SIX COMPLETELY OBVIOUS CRUSH

CHAPTER SIX
COMPLETELY OBVIOUS CRUSH

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Running solely on caffeine, Lena opted on skipping the track meet this particular morning. And quite frankly, she was glad she did. Five minutes into Chemistry, news had spread that a senior was found dead on the trails. Lena was also irritated with her Chemistry teacher. Mr. Harris - or whatever, was bugging the shit out of her, so she left class to go see the aforementioned body.

And sure enough, it was there. Surrounded by dozens of students and deputies, but it was still there.

Lena ignored the deputies shouting orders to the students as she jogged over to Scott.

"He was a senior." Scott told Coach Finstock.

"Oh." Coach paused, "He wasn't on the team, was he?" Lena scoffed at his response. It wasn't until after Scott noticed Lena that another senior - presumably the deceased boy's girlfriend - ran onto the scene, screaming bloody murder.

"Kyle!" She wailed, "Oh God, Kyle!" A few deputies shoved past Lena to get the girl off of the scene. Lena backed away until she was beside Scott, Isaac and Stiles.

"You see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac asked, accusation present in his voice.

Both Lena and Stiles answered at the same time; Lena with a, "No," while Stiles answered with, "Yeah, like they had no idea what happened?"

"No, no," Isaac dismissed Stiles' answer, "they knew."

"The kid was strangled with a garrote, alright? Am I the only one recognizing the lack of werewolfitude in these murders?" Stiles reasoned. Lena nodded along.

"He has a point," Lena told Isaac.

"Oh, you think it's a coincidence they turn up and then people start dying?" Isaac challenged her, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, no," Lena shrugged, "but I still don't think it's them."

"Scott? How 'bout you?" Stiles asked, turning to the only person who hadn't uttered a word this entire time.

"I don't know yet." Scott said thoughtfully.

"You don't know yet?" Stiles repeated, gaping.

"Well, he's got a point." Scott told his best friend, gesturing to Isaac.

"Seriously, dude, human sacrifices?" Scott sighed. A look of utter irritation washed over Stiles face as he stood there, wordless.

After a short pause, Stiles opened his mouth, "Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow sticks, okay? Hair literally grows from your cheeks, and then will immediately disappear. And, if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal. Your sort-of-but-completely-obvious-crush turns into a Japanese demon warrior of the night. And - and you're telling me that you're having trouble grasping human sacrifices?"