Chapter 40

I'm updating today cause I can't tomorrow, sorryy..🤧🤧

• • • • •

Today is a great day to hang out with Lucster!!

Hopping to the doors of the Valwntino-Obelia mansion, I heard a door slammed shut.

Hmm? What's happening here?

Before I could open the door. It suddenly opened by itself, revealing Lucster, his hands shoved in his pockets.

Are they fighting?

"Y-Yo, Lucas?" Kinda weird to call him again by his first name.

"Go away, I'm not in the mood to talk to you.." I heard him muttered.

Still, I didn't listen to what he said and kept following him— until he stopped walking.

"The hell Axel?!" He snapped turning around to me.

"What?" I raised a brow, tilting my head innocently.

"Stop.fvcking.following me!!" He said with gritted teeth.

I sighed, then patted his shoulder. "Dude, I'm just worried what happen there. What happened?"

"....." He averted his gaze from me. He looks..... in pain..

"Lucs—"

"We..." He started to talk. His voice cracking. "We broke up..."

Goodness, I thought it was something ba—

Wait, what?

"You two did what?!"

• • • • •
ATHANASIA'S PERSPECTIVE...

"Why are we having a sleepover? Especially in my house?" Helena asked confused.

I called the girls to have a sleepover at Helena's as soon I found out that Lucas is nowhere to be seen.

And here we are. Having a small meeting..

"Get over it. Your house has many snacks," Maea answered, rolling her eyes.

Not gonna argue with her. They really had tons of food.

"But why all of a sudden?"

"Don't ask me."

They all turned to me. I sunk in my seat, sighing...

"I.. uhh.. just want to be with you guys," I lied.

I can't bring myself to tell them about what happened earlier. It breaks me to recall it.

"We know you're lying." Maea instantly replied.

I look up to them, who's staring at me worriedly.

I opened my mouth to make another lie, but nothing came out from my mouth. I look back down to my hands, fidgeting on my lap.

"L-Lucas..." I paused. Saying his name makes me want to cry again.

I took a shaky breath, then look back up to them, smiling sadly. "Lucas and I broke up."

Silence engulfed us. Helena dropped her can of pringles, letting it roll on the floor.

"You two did what?!"
"What did my brother do this time?!"
"Why? Are you okay?!"

They all said in unison. They scooted closer towards me and asked me non stop about how did it happen.

"I—" I began to speak, making them stop. "I can't... it hurts for me to.. tell you guys.."