Chapter 78

The two protagonist is retiring today!

This is it.

This is the final test that will decide my future.

The final test that will decide whether I could still live within my parents house.

My parents sent me out, I felt like they were the one who was about to take the test rather than me.

Even so, my heart just felt like it was running a hundred miles marathon nonstop. I couldn't ignore the feeling of fear and pressure in my head.

Everything just dull out, my head was filled with ice blocks, eyes restless as I reach out for my notes- Wei Xiu's given notes- and read it over and over. The pages were already worn out from too much usage, my feet can't call down as it tapped on the floor repeatedly.

"You're gonna be fine" Wei Xiu murmured, his eyes held mine and took my hand and squeezed it so tight.

I squeezed his hand back and offered him a small smile before biting on my pen again as I computed another problem.

"Hey, look at me" he commanded silently, I looked at him pointedly.

"What?" I said, my voice filled with tension and just pure fear.

"You're gonna make it, we are gonna make it since you worked hard for the past six months. No matter what your score is, you will still get back up. This is just a test for a better job not a better future" He said slowly, as if wanting me to focus on his every word.

My eyes blinked and for a moment, I wanted to kiss him, so I did.

It was just a peck though.

Fortunately, the other passengers weren't able to see us since their too absorbed with their thoughts.

The train wasn't really jammed pack since students in their final year was the only passengers. They indeed spoil us, everything was like in pause motion. No cars, no airplanes and no noises were heard except for our beating, nervous hearts.

Then we arrived at the venue, my heart immediately lifted out of my chest. I squeezed Wei Xiu's hands, never caring about the people's reaction since their too focused on the upcoming test.

Then we were called out, every little thing was scrutinized before we could go inside. We were inspected for any notes and any cheating devices for a while, everything was just packed with anxiety.

We were about to go to the wide expanse area of a room, tense faces were seen and a lot of students were either silent or murmuring out formulas and vocabulary words from English.

Then I was inside and I'm telling you, my heart skipped a beat. Everything was just jam packed of tension and trepidation, it was like a haze of darkness has filled my mind and I just frozed on my seat.

Then I remembered Wei Xiu's words, he's right, I just need to do my very best. I will believe in myself because I knew how much work I put through this past year.

I don't want to lose face to my parents and not secure a better job and mostly, I don't want to disappoint Wei Xiu's efforts.