Chapter 32

He's someone who lives in the spotlight but loves the background

I always remember him being in the spotlight, his whole body casted with light and sparkling like that sun.

He's always bathed with light and is always thrown smiles and awe. No one can resist him, just a smile will get someone to do every bid of him, he's that person.

But I'm not like him.

I don't like the spotlight I love the dark background.

I love to meet with people and be myself without fear. Without the constant worry gnawing on my body, without the gazes of strangers on me and without their view on me.

I don't like to be remembered I just want to be known by someone, that's it.

Now, as I go alone on this journey, seeing the gazes on me both known and unknown, the cheers and the loud claps, everything has fallen into pieces.

I'm in the limelight and all I could do is to just do my best so that I won't regret.

"Let the play start!"

I'm already positioned, scenes upon scenes were seen. I could see the audience laughing at our acts, their smiles bringing forth a warm budding feeling on my chest.

It's this scene, the scene where I fell in love at first sight. I need to show tenderness, to feel that I am really smitten at him. With my determination, I opened my mouth and spew my lines.

"My prince! Oh my handsome prince! It's you I've been waiting for! I-"

I got stuck in this line.

Again!

I feel flustered but I didn't show it on my face, my lips were trembling as my eyes naturally made its way to the back of my co-actor, and found its way looking at him.

As if I was a moth, I got beguiled at his smile. It was him giving me a look that states it's okay, nothing's wrong and I'm gonna get over this predicament.

And I did.

Words filled with love naturally made its way out in my lips. I didn't saw the shock on my parents eyes nor the amazement on the audience face, all I did was to look at him.

It was always Wei Xiu.

It was always him making things alright, making me feel that I can do it, that I can finish this play.

I could feel the play getting on its way to the end, they seem to be engrossed at the play, eyes filled with awe and entrancement as they scream.

It was over.

I could still feel my heart thumping loud beneath my chest, the burnt feeling in my body as I sat down the chair. My feet hurts, no wonder I feel a bit awkward when sashaying my way to the play, I wasn't really familiar with heels.

Rubbing my feet with my free hand, I stretched my neck until I hear a pop and then continued with the rest of my body. I was about to out on my shoes when somebody else pressed my feet on a shoe.

It was a sneaker, a bit too big on my feet but it didn't make my feet feel more painful.

"Wei Xiu" I couldn't help but said, his eyes gazed at mine and said.

"Good job"

He was grinning and I too did, he ruffled my hair and once again stared at me with a look that I am unfamiliar with.