Home Invasion -2-

Shawn's POV

I just had rushed into Sophia's house just to find the door of her apartment open, I looked around the messed up furniture and broken appliances and decors, none of that matters as long as my baby is okay. I turned fast and saw the terrifying scene of Sophia laying down unconsciously down the stairs. 

"Sophia! BABE!" I said as I rushed over her direction

What's that? Is that b-b-blood? 

I gently held her head from her chin and turned her head slowly, only to notice side of her forehead bleeding. I looked up at the stairs and noticed the handrail stamped with blood too. 

"Babe, babe!"

Imagining the scene, she rolled down the stairs.

"Babe! I'm here alright?! Baby wake up" I said as I lifted her up and took her to her couch.

Ten minutes later, she's still unresponsive. 

I'm a doctor, I know how to deal with this. It was just harder because she's my baby. I tried on my medical techniques to wake her up.

Sophia's POV

I know the pain is coming as I moved a bit. I feel my bones move in a way they shouldn't, jangled. Without looking I know there is blood seeping from my skin that seconds ago was smooth. I don't move. I opened my eyes slowly yet, everything was a blur.  

As my vision became clearer, I noticed Shawn sitting beside myself laying on the couch. 

"Babe oh my god your okay I can't believe this just happened to you I can't believe this" He said 

"What just happened?" I said while trying to get up

"Stay, baby don't move." He said as he gently pushed my shoulders back on the couch. "You don't remember what just happened?"

"I-I don't, oh god why can't I remember" I said while breathing heavily

"Shh it's okay, it always happens to my patients breathe in, and out slowly"

"Shawn, can you tell me what happened?"

"Baby, you got robbed. I don't understand how all this security and he still was able to break-in!?"

I looked around the house and it's upside down furniture, and absorbed the information he had just told me. "Shawn I can't deal with anything like this anymore" 

He looked at me with full concern. "Shh baby please-" He said 

"I don't have the energy to deal with any more traumas. I'm still trying to recover from the previous incident. I'm only human. Why do these things keep on happening to me? I don't want to keep on bothering you with these stuff. I want both of us to be at peace." I said while my voice broke. 

"Sophia breathe, don't say this. I'm here for you! Why didn't you tell me you're still struggling with the past incident?"

"Leave me. I'm bothering you with this problematic life. Leave me, Shawn." I said as I shook my head and cried.

"Hey, stop, babe stop." He said as he's pulling my hands down my face.

"Leave me. Shawn, you can easily go and have a stress-free life. Break up with me, it's hard watching you suffer with me, leave me. I'm more than broken." 

"Sophia?"

"I'm going insane, please. I want you to have a normal life"

"Sophia. Sophia stop"

 "Shawn. Leave me." I started shaking hysterically

"I am so deeply in love with you and I cannot hear this Sophia. I will be here for you always." He said as he gave me the tightest hug ever.

"Sophia you're shaking"