Chapter 8- 𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕪

'ᴬ ᵖʳᵉᶜⁱᵒᵘˢ ᵈᵒˡˡ ⁱˢⁿ'ᵗ ᵐᵉᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵃᶜᵗ ᵒⁿ ⁱᵗˢ ᵒʷⁿ ᶠʳᵉᵉ ʷⁱˡˡ.'

The brunette stared and stared. Standing beside a certain blonde was a much shorter girl, her hair that of the color light mint green while her eyes were that of grey. That girl was too looking at Jennette, her eyes judging and observant.

"Who's this, sister?" The brunette asked, voice in the tone of pure curiosity.

Athanasia smiled, then opening her mouth to say something. "This is my best friend, Dandi." The mint haired girl smirked at the brunette.

Jennette furrowed her eyebrows, "best friend?" she repeated, earning a nod from the other girl. What was this that she was feeling? No, she felt anger, sadness, and jealousy. Her dark thoughts started to consume her, was it wrong to be so selfish? Her father and sister are the most beloved things to her. Ones that she would never want to share or give away, she loved when her father's icy exterior seemed to melt away when she was with him, while her sister would talk with how, their bond seeming to become much stronger. A perfect family, or so she believes.

"What about me sister? Am I also your best friend?" the blonde flinched at such an odd question. She shook her head. "No, you're my elder sister."

It was only silence that was left, the sun's rays shining upon the blonde's hair making it shimmer a beautiful lustrous gold. Dandi fake coughed, "are we gonna do something?" the brunette clasped her hands together, a smile reappearing on her face. "Wouldn't tea time sound lovely?"

To think that her dear younger sister would have a best friend shocked her, the blonde wasn't that loved here. Moreover the reason why the brunette would be so persistent in spending time with the girl. However, something had caught her eye. The ears of the mint haired girl was longer and more pointy, was she even human? If not, her sister shouldn't be hanging around that girl. Who knows what could happen to her sister, but the thought that she pushed away was that...

Her sister's best friend posed a threat to her.

"Would you like to have some of these delightful cookies, Dandi?" The brunette offered, to which the mint haired girl shook her head, then looking up at her. "Please don't address me by my name chimera, we aren't that close."

Jennette's eyebrow twitched, her 'aura' seeming to have darkened for a brief moment. Nevertheless, she hasn't yet to falter. "I apologize..."

It was the worst, absolutely the worst. Not one bit was she comfortable around that mint haired girl as they have their tea time. That girl looked at her in a skeptical way, eyes seeming to observe her every movement. Jennette also could have sworn that she heard the Dandi girl click her tongue at her in annoyance, but she just let it slide.

Turning the door handle that would lead into her room, Vanity's with many Jewels were seen, while her closet was filled with many beautiful dresses, adorned with gems that would shine. Walking over towards her nightstand, 2 small doll-like figures layed there. Her eyes shined as she leaned towards them, 'we're gonna be the perfect family.' A part of the brunette felt grateful that her dear sister was still alive, it was likely that she would grief over the blonde for a long time if it was to happen.

She was worried, worried that her dream of having the perfect family would be crushed. Like it was nothing. Upon seeing the blonde's face, her heart felt warm. The brunette excused everything that her father had done, even it led Athanasia close to the edge of death. Why? Because it was no big deal now, she was relieved. How luck was suddenly on her side, she would be eternally grateful. Everything was going to be alright now.

"Princess," A voice said, "it is time for your bath." Standing at her doorway was just a regular maid awaiting the princess. The brunette spun around, a smile on her face never faltering. "Is that so."

"What do you think of her dandi-" the mint haired girl cuts her off as she looks into her jeweled eyes. "She's annoying," Dandi stated, leading the blonde to gasp at her statement. She raised an eyebrow, "what? I'm not wrong."

Her grey eyes darkened remembering how it was like when she met the brunette face to face. That girl was enveloped in something dark and wicked, one that could make a person feel disgusted if they could see it with their own eyes. That girl's jeweled eyes were dull, it wasn't as beautiful as the emperor's or Athy. Only with tears would the brunette's jeweled eyes truly shine. Upon seeing that chimera's black aura envelop her friend, would then she start to suspect that it was black magic. A person like the brunette is someone that you shouldn't hang around with. Moreover, that brunette was annoying. Her not going deaf seemed to be a miracle, must be the work of wonders. Still, she couldn't help but notice that dark look within the brunette's eyes.

"Father, will sister ever stay at the palace?" Her sweet high pitched voice spoke out, the blonde man looked at the brunette then back at his plate of food. "No, I don't think so." She frowned upon the response from him, her hands gripping her fork and knife. Their atmosphere wasn't tense, but it was silent. A single word not managing to be uttered out from either of them.

Her jeweled eyes looked down at her plate, the brunette was definitely thinking of something. Claude could see her expression from the corner of his eyes. 'How odd, she never behaved this way.'

His aura only grew menacing in the nick of time, catching the attention of the brunette, it only made the girl slightly shiver in fear and perhaps feel worried.

He was to never be questioned, that is one thing she knew for sure. She'd seen it with her own eyes of how it would end up for a person's life. Whether waiting to be hung, or their head's rolling on the ground in a bloody mess.

She hesitated ever so slightly, "is something the matter father?"

Claude turned his head to look at the girl, "no" was all he uttered out.

'I knew that wench's daughter would be a problem.'

Word Count: 1055

Authors Note: Been feeling quite unmotivated to write the next chapters, but nevertheless you gotta keep pushing through.