chapter 6- 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝓉𝓊𝓈

Unedited

'ᴀ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ɪꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ ᴠᴇɪʟ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ.'

Athanasia stared and stared at the brunette, still seeing the girl wear a happy and content smile. Looking closer at the other girl's eyes, her jeweled eyes were more dull than Claude's. Yet it still shined with innocence.

Following from behind the brunette, she could hear the whispers from the many maids. "What a pitiful girl, having to rely on her elder sister for protection." One had spoken, then received a glare from the blonde making that maid tremble ever so slightly. At some point, Athanasia noticed that the brunette stopped at her tracks, pausing. "Is something the matter sister?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Jenette shook her head, still smiling at the blonde. "I just saw someone I know come our way," she responded, still standing there as she waits patiently. "Good morning princess," the man greeted. Like always Jenette was as bubbly and naive as ever, and too greeted the man back. The blonde however, looked darkly at the man. 'He didn't even greet the so-called beloved white lotus properly...' she then gritted her teeth, noticing the man looking at her. "Is this your younger sister, princess?" he questioned, Jenette nodded, her aura still as bright as if a halo was on top of her head.

"How pitiful," the man muttered.

Athanasia froze, her eyes darkening. They keep saying that same wait, pitiful.

She doesn't need pity from the likes of them. For all she knows that old fart is only holding onto Jenette for support and power.

He's the pitiful one, not her.

How dare he call her pitiful, when he was the one that is. She could see that look in his eyes that she sees from every other noble.

Thinking that the blonde is nothing more than just a useless, abandoned princess.

A pawn that was disposed of, but never used from the start.

Man seeped from the blonde's fingertips, her sapphire like eyes glowing as the magic from her cackled. Without thinking, she grabbed the midget old fart's neck. "What do you think you are doing? I'm a-" Athanasia cuts him off, still full of rage. "Do you think I care about your rank?" Her grip onto his neck only tightened, only a certain someone had then snapped her out of it. "Sister, You're hurting him!" The brunette exclaimed, her eyes filled with worry. Athanasia clicked her tongue in annoyance, nevertheless she released the man. A smile formed on her face, "Sorry Jenette I just...wasn't in the right state of mind." The brunette looked at her sister, remaining quiet, nodded.

"It's alright sister, it happens!" Jenette grabs the blonde's wrist as she waved goodbye at the man, he waved back with a smile. His legs however were trembling. "Where are we going?" Athanasia spoke, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. The brunette giggled, "to the emerald palace of course sister!"

The blonde stopped walking, in thought as now. Jenette was staying at the emerald palace? Why am I even surprised...

She pulled her hand away from Jenette's, the blonde still looking as if in daze. Jenette frowned from the sudden action, "would you like to stay at the same palace as me...sister?" Athanasia raised her head, looking at the other girl. The brunette noticed something, her sister wasn't smiling. It was an expression she hasn't seen before, it was stoic and cold. One that would be able to make one quiver in fear, just like her father's.

"I dare not," the blonde finally responded. Jenette took a step back, looking at her with an upset face. "Why?"

"I can't always stay with you sister, It'll only frustrate me."

"Oh is that so-" The brunette froze, her jeweled eyes filled with confusion this time. She looked at Athanasia, giving the girl a questioning look. "What did you just say?" unexpectedly, the blonde only clasped her hand together, a grin appearing on the girl's face. "Shall we have some cake, princess?"

The brunette waves goodbye, Athanasia stood frozen and hesitated. Nevertheless, she waved back Jeanette, still seeing that halo shining above her head.

It was truly blinding, but to her annoyance, the brunette still stupidly smiles and widens it even more like a cheshire cat. She stared and spun on her heel, back facing the brunette. She just can't bring herself to hate the girl for who knows reasons. It was quite strange really, she could have sworn that she held some kind of grudge towards Jenette. But it only seems to vanish when she is with the princess. Athanasia clicked her tongue, she doesn't mind, really.

No matter how likeable and kind the brunette was trying to sway Athanasia from the path of hatred towards Jenette's father, her endless fury seems to never wash away. The brunette seemed to have tried her best, and it was pointless.

But the blonde didn't tell her, of course.

She sighed, does the world hate her so much? The blonde has been getting the worst luck recently. Taking out something, she unwraps it.

The cookies were still in perfect shape.

"Back already?" Spoke a voice, Athanasia turned her head seeing a mint haired girl stand there. She nodded her head, to which the other girl smiles.

As she was just about to open her mouth to say something, a certain young warlock interrupts her. "Disgusting," Lucas remarked, shaking his head as his eyebrows twitched ever so slightly. Athanasia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "what?" The male stood up, walking towards the jeweled eyed girl. He raised his hand, and 'flick'. "You had 'dirt' on you from that chimera, no need to thank me." He says smugly but his face still remains stoic. Athanasia rubs her forehead while sending a glare towards the ruby eyed male, her aura threatening and full of malice. "You didn't have to flick me in the forehead, it hurts!" She fumed, Lucas only smirked, making the girl's temper risen.

"Why you-" Dandi puts her hand on the blonde's shoulder, seemingly to calm the girl down. "You're such an awful person sometimes, you know that right?" Athanasia ribbed, a snicker escaping from the mint haired girl.

"I know, but I'm still the most powerful handsome mage." They both sent a look at the ruby eyed male, 'he sure is arrogant' they thought sourly.

Lucas shrugged his shoulders, ruby eyes directing at the blonde once again.

"No need to get so butt hurt over such a small matter." Athanasia gritted her teeth, hands clenching into a fist. It would be really great if I could just punch him in the face right here and now.

Word Count: 1089

Author Note: I mixed up the days, I-

I apologize for the late update for worthy heir ;-; I thought that today was sunday but boi was I wrong-