Chapter 3 - 𝙻𝚒𝚎

Unedited

' ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ.'

"What is my papa like?" the little girl with jeweled eyes asked, looking up innocently at the maid. But Lily only smiled at her sadly, her hand clenching onto her skirt. "He's...a very kind person."

But little did she know, it was a complete lie, an utter lie.

"Athanasia is something the matter?" A quiet yet soothing voice spoke, the mint haired girl expression was that of a worried one. Her eyebrows furrowed. She shook her head, "It's nothing...Dandi." The other girl only looked at her in suspicion as she squinted her eyes, analyzing Athanasia. She then sighed deeply, "very well then." The girl closed the book, seeming to have read something based on magic. However, Athanasia was staring at something different, she was looking at very pointy ears that belonged to a certain girl. "Why are your ears like that?" She questioned, trying to not sound rude at all. To which Dandi froze, and then smiled. "You had just noticed it now?" she sighed "I'm an elf, Athy." It was quite astonishing to see that the princess herself didn't even recognize what kind of race she was. Intriguing really, just how long was she kept in that palac of hers? Looking at the once princess's face, she noticed that there seemed to be sparkles shining within that pair of jeweled eyes of hers. "There's other races?" The girl asked, her tone hinting that of interest and curiosity. Dandi nodded, humming a soft sound.

"Look at these flowers I found, aren't they pretty?" There stood another girl, shorter and younger than the both of them. Her eyes shining that of innocence yet playfulness. Having to knelt down, Athanasia gave her a small smile.

"It's indeed pretty, sunny." She then put her hand on the little girl's head, ruffling it. But why does it feel weird all of a sudden? It was pressuring, was this another person's mana? She looked behind her back, nothing. There was nobody there. Something tells her that something was wrong, that someone was watching her. Had she gone crazy, mental perhaps? 'Return home' she hears a voice say. Maybe she was right, something must have happened to her brain. It is the only explanation. Another voice had managed to crept into her head once more, 'return home...your father is waiting for you.' She shook the thought away, reminding herself once more. I have no home there, no one wants me there. Not even my own blood related father. Why am I having these thoughts, I shouldn't be thinking of that place. Sunny looked at her in concern, questioning why the girl with jeweled eyes was frowning. Does she perhaps not like her anymore. "Athanasia?" the little girl spoke out, snapping the other out of her thought. "I apologize, I seemed to have dazed off." Sunny giggled, her hands still holding the many flowers. "No worries Athy, it happens to all of us." A voice so sweet and soothing it had melted her worries away already. And so, she could only respond back with a small smile.

Within the shadows, a certain powerful mage clicked his tongue in annoyance. 

Never did he expect the girl to break through the spell. It was intriguing really, but at the same time annoying. He tapped his chin in thought, should he perhaps use more force? The male didn't expect it to be a slightly more difficult task. He can now see why those other pitiful mages were unable to track or find the princess, taking a slightly closer look. It was clear that the girl was gifted with an overwhelming amount of mana. Something he had never seen before, one might say he's actually quite impressed. But it's nothing if she doesn't learn how to control and use her magic well. Mana was seeping from the girl's fingertips due to its excessive amount. It seems that a simple spell won't work on her, he'll have to try a different method then. A grin appeared on his handsome facial features, his ruby-like eyes glowing as he observed the trio from afar. "This'll be quite amusing."

To his amusement, the spells he had casted onto the girl had failed. He was already quite bothered by the pressure of the forest's barrier, and now he has more issues to deal with. Having to had just woken up from a long slumber, the boy didn't want to use a large amount of his mana already. But right now, he had done so. Did he like it? Absolutely not. Making the girl hear voices in her head had already failed miserably for he had tried it many times. Using other spells would result in using more mana. "This is just ridiculous," he uttered under his breath. Having a pitiful amount of mana left was something he did not enjoy. It made him feel weak and defenseless, but he'll never say that outloud of course. Once again he clicked his tongue, seems like I'll have to get closer to her.

Word Count: 837