(Slightly Short) Chapter 5- Useful

Unedited

'ᴀ ᴘᴀᴡɴ ɪꜱ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪꜱᴘᴏꜱᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ'

I glare at him, and Claude glares back. "Athanasia?" spoke a girl, within sight stood a certain brunette haired girl. Her dull jeweled eyes slightly brimming with tears. At first the girl hesitated, but still, she took a step towards the other girl with jeweled eyes. Right there and then, the brunette pulled Athanasia into a hug. "I was so worried, sister." A large shadow looms over from behind the brunette, a man in which his cold jeweled eyes seemed to glow. "Move out of the way Jennette," he spoke. The brunette flinched, standing in front of Athanasia while the Ruby eyed male just stood from afar watching the scene unfold. "Father, please...I'm alright now." The brunette pleaded, however, Claude just watched his daughter with a stone cold expression. "I would be sad, father!" He looked away from the brunette, and back at Athanasia. Claude clicked his tongue, finally coming to his conclusion. "Fine."

She looks at the brunette, somehow feeling such hatred towards the girl, or was it envy? A princess that is so sweet and kind, yet oblivious to the world around her. She forced a smile as she looked at the brunette, and whispered..."thank you."

Her hands grabbed onto the blonde as they walked through the garden, the brunette's jeweled eyes shining full of joy. "Will you be staying at the ruby palace, sister?" Athanasia shook her head, letting go of the brunette's hand. "I'm living somewhere else, with a friend..." Following from behind was a certain young warlock, staring at the pair. He observed the blonde, noticing how there was a twinge of annoyance coming from her whenever the chimera spoke too much. Tilting her head, Jenette looked innocently, asking the other girl a simple question. "Who's this friend of yours, sister?" Athanasia froze, then looked at the white lotus girl. "Dandi, you'll meet her one day," she started "she's a great person." The brunette's eyes darkened, the corner of her lips twitching ever so slightly. She raised her head, looking at her beloved sister.

"Is that so?"

Her whole body froze as she looked at her sister on her knees helplessly, tears dripping off the blonde's cheeks. She turned her head to look at her aunt, who was standing there with a smirk on her face. 'Why was she smirking?' Finally she took a step towards where her father and sister was, she looked down at her legs and hands. She was trembling. The brunette opened her mouth as she wanted to say something. Nothing, there was nothing. Not a single word managed to leave her mouth. Fear eats her up from the inside as the brunette still continues to hesitate. And so, she just stood there, watching her sister weep as her father was ready to decapitate the poor girl anytime. Seems to be that she's gonna be an only child now.

"What are you thinking of right now, Jenette?" A sweet voice spoke, snapping the brunette out of her thoughts. She smiled at the blonde brightly. "I-I'm just happy that you're here, alive..." Athanasia looked down, her eyes seeming to be giving off an empty look. But she looked back at the brunette, returning the smile. "I'm happy to be here, with you and father..." Tears started to brim at the brunette's jeweled eyes making the blonde freeze at the moment. Athanasia furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the brunette. "Is something the matter?" she questioned. Jenette shook her head, pulling the blonde into a hug. "I'm just happy that we're a complete family now."

Athanasia eyes dull, still returning the hug to the brunette. "Me too..." she uttered out, but those were just merely empty words.

'Sorry Jenette, but your father has to go.'

The brunette released the blonde from the hug, her eyes brightening. "I'm glad that you share the same thought, sister."

Athanasia just stared at the brunette while the warlock observed from behind.

'So naive and gullible', she thought, still looking at the brunette. Her eyes darkened, 'just the type that is easy to be manipulated'. She shook her head, what am I thinking. I shouldn't be thinking like that. Jenette is just going to be useful and helpful, she's too pure and kind. Right?

I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning around, standing there was a ruby eyed male. "You're thinking too much of it," he whispered.

Athanasia looked at the brunette, whose eyes were shining full of innocence. "Sorry Jenette, seems like my thoughts had wandered somewhere."

Word Count: 756

Arc 1: COMPLETED

Authors Note: I apologize for the slightly short chapter, it's not really major chapter with an important event...