Chapter 13

After what seemed to be years of planning, though it was actually only two months, the day had finally arrived. After years of waiting, the day of Casmiere’s Alligatio was finally here. As tradition of the Alligatio, the Praktikant and Tesheeran would both chose their favorite color, as this symbolizes the color of the soul, and these two colors would be the colors worn during the Alligatio. In this particular case, the colors were red and black, which Casmiere was thankful of. He decided it would be best to wear the same outfit he wore on Victoria’s birthday.

As he extracted the red velvet, button up shirt from his closet, a short knock sounded from the door. With a sigh, he dropped the shirt onto his bed and moved to open the door. He was very surprised to see Patrick on the other side, wearing a lopsided grin.

“How are you coming along?” he asked, pushing his way into the room.

“Just fine, thank you,” Casmiere replied, closing the door.

He turned around as Patrick lifted the shirt from the bed to examine it. He smirked and chuckled quietly before dropping the garment back onto the bed.

“What?” Casmiere asked, lifting an eyebrow.

“I just find it ironic,” he replied and turned to face him.

Casmiere lifted another eyebrow at him. “What’s ironic?” he challenged.

Patrick shook his head. “Never mind,” he replied. “So, I hope you remember our little chat we had on her birthday,” he stated, and Casmiere smirked.

“I remember,” he replied.

“Well, just to let you know, that still stands.”

Casmiere chuckled. “I wouldn’t have it any other way,” he joked, and Patrick mimicked his chuckle.

“Well, I have things to attend to, so I’ll leave you, for now.” Patrick moved towards the door, turning around as he opened it. “Just be sure to be in the garden before four o’ clock, would you?”

Casmiere smiled at him. “You can count on it,” he assured him.

“Good,” Patrick replied with his own smile, before turning and leaving Casmiere to change in peace.

As Casmiere stood in the garden, at the end of the walkway, he watched his surroundings. The hundreds of chairs that had been set up for the event were filled with people. The only person in the audience Casmiere actually knew was Maralee, and a few men that worked for Patrick that he had spoken to a few times, though the conversations were usually short. The heightened security that patrolled the walls and grounds made Casmiere a little more than uncomfortable. Just the idea that the enemy, whatever they may call themselves, had not only breached the security once, but managed to infiltrate and pose as security guards and even Victoria’s oldest friend put a sick feeling in Casmiere’s stomach. Not only that, but they also managed to somehow sedate him and drag him out without giving anybody the slightest hint that it had happened.

All of Casmiere’s worries vanished, however, the moment he saw Patrick walking Victoria down the isle in a long, black and red dress, which hugged her body perfectly. A smirk pasted itself across his face at the beauty she held.

“You look gorgeous,” Casmiere complimented her as she stood in front of him. A smile lit up her face at the compliment.

“Thank you,” she replied. After leading her down the isle, Patrick moved to stand beside Casmiere. He was hoping to have found Xero before today, so that he could ask him to be his best man, but with him still missing, despite Patrick’s best efforts to track him down, he decided to ask Patrick to be his best man, instead, and, of course, he accepted. Victoria had a few of her friends and family as her bride’s maids.