Chapter 17

• Dedicated to My grandmother, Barba, may she rest in peace

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Because this is the last chapter of the book (yes, i know, very disappointiny, yes?), I would like you to comment, IM, or inbox me and tell me what YOU would like to see in the next book. Keep in mind, however, that your suggestion may or may not be orchestrated into the next book, as it may alter the storyline. I cant wait to see the creative and interesting ideas I may recieve.

Thank you for you compliance :)

-Trevor

**********************************************************************

“It’s time,” Colrich stated, throwing open the door to Casmiere’s chamber.

Casmiere shot the older demon a look of anger, causing him to lift his hands in surrender. Casmiere returned his eyes to Victoria’s sleeping frame, and gently stroked her cheek with a single finger, moving a lock of hair from her face.

“Wake up, my sweet,” he whispered, pressing his lips gently against her cheek, “We have thigns to do, today.”

Victoria’s eyes, opened slowly, and she looked around the small room. She locked eyes with Colrich narrowed her eyes to slits. “I don’t want him here,” she stated, feeling slightly uncomfortable in the demon’s presence.

Colrich chuckled. “This is my house, and I will be where I like,” he stated, smirking darkly.

“Leave,” Casmiere ordered, darkly. Colrich growled angrily, as he pulled the door closed and stormed off down the hall. Casmiere lifted his hand and laid it gently on Victoria’s cheek. “Good morning, darling,” he whispered, gently. “How did you sleep?”

Victoria sighed and rested her head in her hands, draping her feet over the side of the bed. “I just want you to know,” she sighed, “I’m not here because I love you. I love Cas, and I’m only helping him.” She stood from the bed and pulled a change of clothes out of the closet, adding, “And when I get the chance, I’m getting you out of his body, and getting him back.” With that, she walked into the bathroom to change in privacy.

Casmiere smirked at her as she disappeared behind the door. “Soon enough you will understand what I am offering,” he whispered. He dropped his eyes to the floor. “Soon enough you will understand.”

Xero sat on the floor, leaning against the wall, as Patrick paced nervously back and forth, anxiously waiting for Maralee’s ritual to be complete. “Why is it taking so damn long?” As if on cue, there was a loud, unidentifiable noise, and Maralee’s scream. Patrick thrust his shoulder into the door, breaking through the wood, and flying into the room, to see Maralee on the other side of the room, standing slowly, and smoke rising from a small pile of ash, sitting atop the small piece of skin.

“Is it finished?” Patrick demanded.

“Almost,” Maralee replied, and limped back to the table. She took a couple pinches of ashes, and placed them on Xero’s feather.

“Is that my feather?” Xero demanded, lifting an eyebrow.

Without responding, Maralee used the feather to lightly sprinkle the ashes over the parchment, while chanting something under her breath, her eyes closed, and head hung low. After finishing the chant, her head flung backward and her eyes shot open, now completely white. She slowly looked at the parchment, and placed a finger in the center of the map. From the point that her finger had touched, the map began to slowly reveal itself. Her head fell forward, and eyes closed again. Maralee sat there, not moving, for several moments.

“Maralee?” Patrick demanded, placing his finger to her forehead. The moment his skin touched hers, Maralee’s eyes shot open, once again, and she inhaled, deeply. She lifted an eyebrow at the parchment, before her. “It looks like it worked,” Patrick noted.