Chapter 19: Madness Grows

I walked in to my room feeling a little drowsy from that shot from earlier when I realized it was gone. My beautiful Shadow was gone. I could hear cackling softly in the corner of the room and it just kept getting louder and louder. I couldn't take it anymore. My painting was gone. My sanity was gone now too. Too many people have ruined things that I love so dear. My mother destroyed my sister, Jared destroyed my innocence, and now these horrible nurses have destroyed my painting. Why would they get rid of my emotions in paint and ashes? I love my creations, all of them the same.

I couldn't take it any longer. I had a nervous break down in my room. I started screaming and hitting the walls, hoping someone heard me scream and came to help me. But no one ever comes to my rescue.

I went on to my bed and ripped the blanket off. Someone obviously made the bed because it wasn't me.

"How do you like that huh?!" I screamed, going on about stupid stuff to try and show them what I was made of. "How do you fucking like me now!? I hate you! I hate you! Haha! I ruined your bed!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and ripped off the sheets on my bed. I scratched at my face for the littlest of my hair getting in my way that was tickling my face and made me twitch with anxiety. I ripped and matted my hair around to try and scratch away the thoughts being pounded into my head. I clawed at my ears for the cackling grew louder and louder. It started to hurt my ears and made me go mad, it was so damn annoying. I threw down the chair to my desk and then my desk went down too at my hand. I hit the mirror and screamed nonsense at my reflection hoping that someone was on the other side, worried and willing to listen to me.

I then looked again in my reflection and saw a camera in the corner of my room up towards the top. I got so mad when I saw that. They were probably laughing at me with my break down. They were laughing at me!

I took a step or two over to the overturned desk and went for the leg. It was going to come off some way, somehow. I finally ripped it off and walked swiftly and angrily over to that camera. I took my best shot at hitting it and it fell from the first punch to the side. I kept on hitting it and pounding on it like I had a lead pipe in my hands and that camera was some bully at school.

Ha! If only I was so brave to even try that. I am such a wuss. But even so, the camera became smashed and I looked at the damage in my room. What I was most surprised with was that no one has come to try and stick some disgusting needle in my neck yet to calm me with sedatives.

So I just went to look at myself in the mirror to see if the way I scratched at my face left any marks. My hands were definitely beat up around the knuckles and there were dirt underneath my nails. My cheeks and forehead were fine but my nose was stuffy and my eyes bloodshot from the crying. My ears were the only things that looked like they had been through the war of a mental break down. They had scratches and a hint of blood from the top of my left ear. My hair would cover it up anyway so it was okay. I was holding back more tears as I heard a tiny little clang by my door. I felt like I couldn't look because who the hell knows what was there on the floor now, but either way I was scared to look. My stomach rumbled as I turned hoping that it was actually food but instead I found a small key.

It was a peculiar key, not like today's kind that's all thin and weird but this was an older key made of rusted brass I think and had little markings all over them. Someone was here, I could feel it. If not, then someone was watching me. That's stupid though because the camera isn't there anymore. There was someone outside my door then that was nice enough to want me free. They gave me the key for the inside to get out of here.

I put the thing in the key hole of my door and turned slowly. I was cautious as I heard it click and worked and slowly opened my door. The hallway was dark, but I needed out of my room and a way out of here. Maybe that way I can go home and my mom can understand that I don't need to be in a mental hospital. I need to tell them I'm not crazy so I can be home.

Home sweet home...