Chapter 20: Battle Cry

"They were much disorganized to not pay attention to me; I'm really smart and a lot older than these kids and teenagers. I'm 19 almost 20 so I got my way around these stupid Shadows. The headquarters are about 5 miles out but I didn't stop running until I saw a glimpse of our place. I knew someone was close and we had a big building."

"That's great Max but we'd like to know what you saw inside," said Jake.

"oh I'm sorry I'm babbling. I just know who you guys are to the people of the other world and jesus, am I glad to see you guys." Max was still stuttering on about them until Andy interrupted.

"Max. Inside. Tell."

"oh right, I'm sorry. Well, when you first get inside there's just this long hallway of bars and pipes and about maybe a few yards in they started to just tie people up to the pipes and hang them there by the hands. After that the hall way stopped and you saw the actual jail places. I don't think that's the actual HQ but it's the most we'd know right?"

"What do you mean?" asked CC.

"I mean, why would they have enemies inside their HQ? If they escaped they would be able to hack in and destroy everything of theirs. The Matriarch is supposed to be in there too right?" Max then started to whisper as if this was top secret information: "I think she's somewhere else, in the real HQ, and the place we've seen if we wander too far from home is just a jail house."

"That'd mean we've been attacking the wrong place this entire time," started CC. Max nodded his head in agreement. "That's just great!" CC then yelled.

"We need to attack one last time," Jinxx said walking up hearing the conversation.

"What are you suggesting?" asked Max.

"I'm suggesting that we get our people back that are probably getting tortured for information at the moment so that we can start trying to find the true roots of F.E.A.R. and destroy them or keep them out of the way once and for all." Jinxx stood proudly in his stance for being able to say so much to a new person. His shyness was started to get out of hand and he was relieved that he was able to say all that to a new person.

"Sounds like a plan," said Andy. He turned to CC. "Go grab Ashley and tell him to round up the weapons specialists we have. We need new weapons and willing people to get back our own."

"ALLLRRIIIGGHHTTTT! LET'S DO THIS!" CC screamed as he turned and ran to go find Ashley.

"Jake I need you to heal up these people and start a sign up sheet for anyone ready to fight again," Andy went on to say.

"No problem." Jake said.

"I want to go," said Max, grabbing Andy's arm as he turned away to start walking away.

"For shit's sake you were already going! You're the only one that's been on the inside so far, we need you."

Max lit up at that statement and went on to run over to the mask and flag makers place to help make his own. He got war paint on and then made his weapon. A simple knife that looked more like a railroad track nail than anything. He put it in a holster he also made then went on to help make a flag. He didn't want to carry it so he might as well have helped paint the star on.

A couple hours later the soldiers willing to fight were about 20 to maybe 30 people besides the guys. It was dawn finally and the masses were marching to the believed Jail House of F.E.A.R. and made battle cries and sang the battle song of the Black Veil Brides people. Max smiled as he knew he would be fighting for the people he didn't believe in at first. But now he knew the story was true as he put his fist in the air and screamed with his fellow outcast friends.