Chapter 8: Potential

“When will I be able to bring out and practice my true potential?” Eliza asked Andrew.

“When we reach the point where you can, you’ll know it,” Andrew said.

“How?” she asked. Andrew looked up at Eliza dead in the face. He got up and walked towards her. She walked back away from him but hit a wall. He put her against it and put his hands on either side of her head but still didn’t touch her. He looked at her deeply and his face hardened.

“This is the fist Wretched and Divine I have ever trained. Do you really think I know what you are to feel when you reach full potential? No. Tomorrow we can train with the star but I’m not sure if it will work yet. The last time a girl was supposed to be the Wretched and Divine, she was killed at the hands of a Shadow. She didn’t reincarnate like they thought. This was before my time too. So I guess I wouldn’t know how they felt about it. But ever since then, F.E.A.R. has been getting stronger and stronger as they capture people off the streets of the real world and force them in jails to train for their greater good. We need you and you can’t doubt anything. Especially yourself. I’ve been reading the prophecy closer and that the girls they have been training have never been the true Wretched and Divine, since none of them died from natural causes like age or sickness. You might be the one Eliza. She’s supposed to be able to defend and protect herself from getting killed by another person. Believe in yourself Eliza. You are all we have for hope right now. Stay alive.” Andrew backed away from Eliza and put a serious face over his scared look in his blue eyes. “Training is done for today. Come tomorrow around noon. We’ll train with the star tomorrow."

And with that, Eliza picked up her stuff and ran back to her tent dorm room. Her friends were already asleep as it was in the middle of the night. So she slipped in and out of clothes and washed her face quietly. She climbed in bed but could not sleep. She was told no doubt should remain in her head about herself but confidence was an issue for her sometimes. She couldn’t wait for her life long dream to be the Wretched and Divine to come true, but something was just off. She couldn’t put her finger on it.

Eliza tossed and turned for what seemed like hours to her before she finally settled down into a deep and dreamy sleep. She dreamed of fighting F.E.A.R. with the Andrew, Ashley, Jake, Christian, and Jinxx. All her friends from he school was there too helping her defeat F.E.A.R. and celebrating victory.

When Eliza awoke, it was sudden. She was panting and sweating underneath her blanket. She tried remembering what happened but the memory was gone. The dream was blank towards the end. She got up and brushed it off, letting it go. She got ready with war paint and decided that she should try carrying her mask with her when she fought and trained. While heading to the training room, she realized that it was actually pretty early so she grabbed something in the cafeteria to snack on before Andrew came to help her train.

When she was done eating and she entered the training room, all five guys were sitting on her and Andrew’s regular training mat, the one in the corner of the back. She walked up and asked what was going on.

“You must face all of us to know if the prophecy is true about you,” said Andrew.

“It doesn’t make it absolutely true about you,” Ashley said.

“But it will tell us if you are worthy or not to be the chosen one,” said Christian.

“Defeat us AND a Shadow,” started Jake.

“And you are the true Wretched and Divine,” said Jinxx.

They then said in unison, “The Ultimate Rebel.”

Eliza looked at each and every one of them very carefully and then smiled before she said this.

“Then lets get started.”