Chapter 21: Prayer of Overture

The hallway was dimly lit but I could see it all clearly. I could feel the tears staining my face with wet eyeliner and old mascara. I was at the end of the hallway and I turned around a corner or two. This place was a maze, a freaking labyrinth for the damned. I didn’t know where I was going but my feet just kind of went like it didn’t matter where I was going. I would find it, whatever it was, soon.

My mind wondered in my head like my feet and I stopped paying attention to my direction and more to my thoughts. I thought about my sister, my sweet older sister Elizabeth. She was so beautiful with her black hair and hazel eyes that were almost like mine but they were more sunken in and not popped out and piercing like mine. She had soft eyes too, that understood but was crazed with ideas that couldn’t leave her head in the right words. She was a small frame unlike my curvier frame and had the tiniest hands. I wish I knew where she went. I wish to know so badly.

I remember watching Saturday morning cartoon with her, watching things like Rugrats and Danny Phantom. The weird shows were the best, like the weirder the better. That’s kinda how we acted too. If we acted a slight normal to what the world deems normal we’d get bored and start to act out of character. It was fun but scary when we saw my mom’s face of reaction on how we acted.

My mom. She gave us our nicknames. Said she named us so we’d have the chance for a smaller and weird name that everyone would call us but have a beautiful name underneath that we may hate at first but might be the reason someone falls in love with us. Because we have many layers, we are mysterious and any guy (or girl) who’d be willing to take a look inside would fall for us. I say “or girl” because she’s the only mom I know that was like its cool if you’re gay. She was a good mom for that but not for the drinking. Oh well.

Anyway, I was Evelyn but Eve for short. My sister was Elizabeth but Eliza for short. Hers didn’t make as much sense cause of how it sounds; I don’t know why she didn’t go with Liz but you win some and you loose some.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw this door. It was wooden and beautiful with small carvings unlike the metal lock doors for the patients. I walked towards it and could hear whispering. It wasn’t actually saying anything it was a bunch of people or things whispering all at once. The whispering stopped when I opened the doors.

And it was very peculiar and I was very confused by this at first but when I opened the doors it was a church. No I am not shitting you; it was a freaking church. But I felt so compelled to walk in and sit down. There were flowers of red and maybe yellow and a lot of leaves with them. The pulpit had this cloth hanging over it and behind it was stained glass of red and a deep orange and cross on it. the place was beautiful but I couldn't bring myself to smile just yet.

I wasn’t religious but I knew that praying somehow calmed people so I tried it. I felt weightless then and I became unaware of the world. It was just me and the seat I was sitting on.

I was finally able to clear my mind and think for myself. 

hey you guys well I want to make this short because i know most of you might not know or remember who this is but for those that do, I wanna say RIP Leonard Nimoy, 1931-2015. Live long and prosper.