Chapter 12: The Ambulance

I walked in the door and they were already there in front of me. Jared started and my mom looked disappointed.

“We got a call from that principal today,” he said.

“Thank God,” I started like a smart ass. “When I didn’t hear slurring and yelling at the other end I thought he called the wrong number.”

“Starting with me will get you no where Eve.”

“I’m Evelyn to you. And what’s the big deal? I was writing in class while listening to music. I should be able to be creative.”

“It’s not creative when it’s morbid!”

“We saw the drawings in your room Eve,” my mom said. “They were like Elizabeth’s.”

“Don’t say her name!” I said as I cringed and put my hands over my ears. I always got anxiety and panic attacks whenever someone said my sister’s name.

“Whatever,” said my mom. “But you still have drawings in your room like she did and you have even started writing stories about her obsession.”

“Where’s that binder?” asked Jared.

“Like you would wanna read it.” I muttered.

“Just give it to us Eve,” mom said.

I put my head down for a bit and thought about it. Then I looked up at them and shook my head. I went over to the table where I put my bag. I grabbed my drawings of the Wretched and Divine girls and my Bvb binder. Both of them snatched them up and Jared went off when he opened up my drawings. I ignored him as a tear rolled down my mom’s cheek. She wiped away the tear and left behind fury on her face. She started ripping off pages and crumpling them up in paper balls. I screamed for her to stop but Jared grabbed my hands and held me back from bitch slapping her. She deserved it for ruining this for me. That was the one thing that was keeping me busy and happy. And she was destroying it. She threw the binder on the floor when she was done and I was let go, my face red from anger. Jared then went on about my drawings and my mom joined him.

“How can you draw something like this?” asked my mom.

“It’s morbid I tell you!” Jared yelled. “It’s all about violence with you and your black vile whatever things!”

“For one, it’s Black Veil Brides. For two, it’s my art. You are just scared of it, so you don’t understand! Please, I’m doing this for my sister!

“Your sister was a crazy joke to everyone!” Jared yelled at me. “She ran away from her problems and is now dead! Do even understand that she's gone forver? She will never come back for you!”

“If this is about your sister then you need to know where you’re going now.”

Jared just smiled an evil smirk that I couldn’t stand as my face filled with worry.

“Where?” I asked.

“The mental hospital towards downtown,” she said.

“No!” I yelled at them as I grabbed my stuff. “I’m not crazy!" I paused for a second as i put my bag on my shoulders. "But you know what? It’s been fun, but I’m going. I’ll be like my sister and just leave.”

“Oh no, you’re not!” Jared said.

They wouldn’t let me leave. My mom held on to my arms and hands not letting me go as I thrashed around. Jared was then there trying to hold me grabbing and squeezing my arms and wrists. Two strange men suddenly burst through the door and tackled me to the ground. I was screaming as one of them sat on me and injected this blue liquid in a syringe in my neck. I couldn’t feel much of anything after that. Everything was a muted blur, but I did see that someone was carrying me on this bed thing. I was strapped down and made myself to try and move. I felt something else jerk backward and an engine starting up rumbling sound made itself clear.  A few male voices chimed in asking me questions that were slurring. I didn't understand. My eyes were forced open and I could barely see anything with this bright light in my face. i felt this car, guessing it was an ambulence, and i was being moved. It was suddenly then really bright and then kind of dark. We were in a new building. I was surrounded by my mom and two other doctors. I saw the nametags and knew this wasn’t where I wanted to be. The most hell on earth. The mental hospital.

I went on a field trip once and the entire experience scared the hell out of me. There were people screaming and yelling incoherent things about others. I saw someone who was in a room that had drawings everywhere and writing covered the walls. The devils number was everywhere and i couldn't stand being there. I was so scared. I didn’t like THIS experience especially when my mom and I got separated. She was my safe haven. Even if she was an abusive and a drunk, I still loved her.

Fuck Jared.

I was still a little wary to move as a man in uniform took off my Rebels jacket and my combat boots. He put a wristband on me that had all my information on it and helped me walk. He led me into a plain room and sat me down on this bed. It was a small square room. There was tiled walls, a mirror, a bed in the corner, and a desk with a chair. I walked up to the locked metal door and looked through a hole that was at eye level, probably for giving me food. I then sat down and cried my eyes out. I couldn’t help it. I was at the mental hospital because of my hobby and my "parents" didn’t understand. I was at rock bottom in a dark hole with no ladders to the top.