fifty-eight

(4 months later)
(April)

The twins had slept through the night and hunter had successfully stayed in his bed without crawling in between me and Jughead. I moved closer to Jughead and I felt as he kissed the side of my head, I smiled and then opened my eyes. I brushed the curl from his forehead and I lent up to kiss the underside of his jaw. He smiled and then swiftly found my lips, I happily smiled and then when I pulled away I said 'good morning' he pecked me one last time and said 'hi baby, sleep okay?' I smiled and said 'yeah, for the first time no children woke us up and I got you all to myself' he smiled and pulled me closer to him. Just as I went to kiss him one last time I heard the bedroom door open and I whispered 'oh, I spoke to soon' he let out a laugh and then sat up to greet whoever was at the door. I smiled widely when I saw Ally, she walked over to the side of the bed and crawled on until she was in the middle of us. I kissed her cheek and then I signed to her happy birthday my little princess she smiled widely and said thank you mummy Jughead gave her a big squeeze and then signed to her you need to stop growing, what happened to my little girl she laughed and said I'm still here daddy, but I'm a big girl now he smiled and said yes, you are. Happy birthday baby she smiled and then said I'm 8 daddy he smiled so wide and said I know baby she rested against Jugheads chest and I said to him 'she's getting too big' he let out a small laugh  and said 'I know, I've been part of your guys life for almost 5 years now. She was 3 when I met you' I smiled and said 'best 5 years of my life' he smiled and I pecked his lips.

Hunter and the twins woke up shortly afterwards and while I got Noah and Jughead grabbing Taylor I then headed downstairs to where Ally and hunter had run.

I put the twins in there high chairs and handed Jughead there toys and a small bottle of formula milk before making Hunter and Ally there breakfast. While the kids were eating, the back door opened and in walked FP and Gladys, ally smiled widely and jumped down from her chair, 'grandpa, grandma' she said excitedly. 'Oh, happy birthday sweetie' Gladys said while crouching down to her height, she hugged her tightly and then she moved to hug FP. 'Happy birthday Al' he said a few minutes later. They moved further into the house and Ally returned to her seat to finish her breakfast, Gladys sat down next to the twins and played with them and the toys that they had. We had fallen into a routine where I breastfeed the twins after Hunter and Ally are fed but giving them a small bottle keeps them satisfied until I'm ready. 'Mummy, can we go to the park?' Hunter asked while pulling on the bottom of jumper, I picked him and rested him on my hip and I said 'we will have to see if Ally wants to, remember it's her birthday baby' he nodded and then I kissed the side of his head. 'Can mummy have a kiss?' I said while puckering my lips, he smiled and then lent forward giving me a kiss against my chin. I kissed his nose gently and then put him back on the floor where he ran towards Ally and FP in the lounge.

I walked over to Jughead who had just picked Noah up from his chair and Gladys who was happily having a cuddle with Taylor and I gently rubbed Noah's back. Jug smiled and I said 'please may you do the dishes so I can feed them?' He nodded and then kissed me quickly before passing Noah over to me, 'hi Noah, hi baby' I said in a babied voice while I walked into the lounge to get myself settled.

Noah and Taylor happily fed for the next hour and once I was finished I placed them both on the floor with there toys and under the watchful eye of Gladys and FP. Me and Jughead went to get ready and grab the children's clothes, we did this most mornings and it made everything a lot easier when getting the children ready.

With Noah and Taylor changed and dressed, Jughead gently rocked them both so he could put them down for there morning nap. Within half an hour they were both happily asleep and this gave me the chance to get Hunter and Ally dressed. Ally wanted to wear her blue dress today and of course we let her. 'Twins asleep?' I asked when I came downstairs to see Jughead and hunter in the kitchen, he nodded and said 'yeah, Taylor was fussy again so I got her down first' I nodded and then Ally came running into the kitchen, I smiled and then said 'would you like your birthday presents?' She jumped up and down excitedly and then nodded, I let out a laugh and watched as Jughead picked Hunter up and walked into the office to grab them.