twenty-seven

Jugheads POV:
I walked up the driveway with jelly behind me, she was nervous but excited. When we reached the door, ally knocked and almost immediately Archie answered. He smiled before saying 'hey jug' I smiled back and said 'my sister in?' He nodded and said 'she's in the office' I nodded, 'could you grab her for me, it's kinda important' his look showed confusion but he went anyway. Ally was wriggling in my arms so I put her to the floor and she ran inside after Archie.

After a minute, Ronnie came to the door and said 'jug, what's wrong?' I shrugged and said 'thought you might like a surprise' she smirked and then said 'what...' but before she could finish her sentence jellybean walked up the porch steps. Veronica dropped her glasses that were in her hand and she ran directly at jelly, she wrapped her arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. I could hear Veronicas quiet cry's and I could see the tears leaving jellybeans eyes. I walked over to them and kissed both of there heads, when they finally spilt Veronica was smiling widely but her smile faded and she said 'if your here that means... that means she's here as well' I laughed slightly and said 'okay Ronnie clam down, let's get inside. This isn't the only reason i came round' she grabbed ahold of jelly's arm and we all walked inside.

Archie was sitting with ally colouring and I sat behind them, Veronica refused to leave jellybeans side and I didn't really blame her. 'Is everything okay jug? Why's ally with you, Betty wasn't scheduled to work today?' Veronica said after a while. I frowned and said 'there was an incident last night, Betty woke up with really bad abdominal pains last night and she was rushed to hospital. I was there the whole night as she went into emergency surgery. Everything went well and she's now in the ward, sedated but she's fine. But she had a ectopic pregnancy, she lost the baby...' I trailed off when I felt Veronica grab a hold of my hand. 'I'm really sorry jug' I smiled through my frown and said 'it's fine, I don't even think Betty knew. Neither of us did' she hugged into my side and jelly placed her hand over mine. Just knowing I had both my sisters gave me a great deal of comfort.

It reached lunch time when Cheryl texted me, they were on there way back from the hospital and I had agreed to drop ally off at there's for the afternoon. I left jellybean and Veronica to catch up while I headed to Cheryls, I was carrying ally in my arms and when we reached their house she didn't know where we were. I smiled as we walked down the pathway, when we reached the front of the house I knocked on the door. Within seconds there was red hair filling my view and ally was squealing in my arms, I handed her to Cheryl and ally said 'I missed you auntie Cheryl' Cheryl smiled and said 'I missed you to my ally' she was hugging Cheryl until Toni came round the corner then ally wanted to go and see her. She put her on the floor and she ran over to Toni and hugged her just a tightly. I smiled at Cheryl and said 'how was Betty when you left?' Cheryl shrugged and said 'there wasn't much change, she opened her eyes but she didn't say anything, then she went back to sleep' I nodded and said 'you good with ally then, I'll pick her up in a few hours?' Cheryl nodded and said 'jug, it's fine. Take as long as you need' I smiled and said 'ally, come here quickly' she smiled and ran over to me. 'Your going to stay with auntie Cheryl and auntie Toni for a little bit, I'll be home for dinner and bedtime. Be good for me' I said while kissing her head, she shook her head and said 'no daddy stay. I want daddy' I looked at her and she grabbed a hold of my leg, 'I'm sorry princess, I promise I'll be home very very soon' she shook her head and a tear fell from her eye 'no, don't go. Where's mummy? Mummy look after me' I crouched down to her level and she wrapped her arms around my neck. I tried to calm her down and I said 'mummy's not very well and I need to go and look after her. I will only be a couple of hours' she shook her head and then I felt Cheryl gently pull her away. She was crying but I kissed her cheek one more time and I said 'I love you ally, I'll be back really soon' I walked away quickly and made my way to the hospital.

When I got up to betty's room, the doctor was just leaving. I smiled at him and he said 'your the partner aren't you?' I smiled and said 'yes, is everything okay?' He nodded and smiled, 'yes, everything's fine. The sedation has almost worn off and she's starting to come round, but she's asking for you' I smiled and said 'thank you, for everything' he nodded and continued on as I went into her room.