Chapter 13

Scarlett's POV-
I grab my laptop and start messing around on it.
"Have you heard of Netflix?" Mama asks.
"No. Should I know what it is?" I ask.
"It's a website you watch movies and tv shows on. We watch it all the time." Mama says.
"Cool. I'll have to check it out."
I search Netflix. Mama takes the laptop and puts in the log in. She makes me and account and recommends stuff for me to put in my list. We start watching a show called Stranger Things. I really enjoy it. We finish the first episode and I fall asleep. Mama grabs my laptop and closes it. Then she drifts off to sleep.
-time skip-
I wake up and see that Mama has left. There is only a note in her place I pick it up and read it. It says she got up and got ready early. I look at the clock and see it's 6:32 a.m.. I get up and get ready for the day. I put on leggings and a t-shirt.
"Hey Fri. Where is Wanda?" I ask before leaving my room.
"She is with Nat, Steve, Bucky, Peter, Pietro, and Clint in the Training room."
"Thank you." I say and make my way down there.
"Look who finally decided to join us." Says Peter.
"Good to see you too asshole." I say.
"Be nice." Wanda says harshly to me.
"Fine. What are you guys doing?" I ask.
"Training and sparring. Want to join?" Asks Steve.
"I don't want to intrude. I'll watch." I say.
"Your not intruding. If you want to join do it." Steve replies.
I give him a small smile and go sit on a bench to the side. I watch Peter and Pietro begin to spar.
"Peter stop just throwing punches because you can. Actually try." I say.
"I'm trying." He says while struggling to get Pietro off him.
Wanda joins in and try's to help Peter. Eventually he taps out.
"Did you even try?" I ask Peter in a mocking tone.
"Why don't you try to get the speed demon down?" He asks me.
"Is that a challenge?"
"Yeah. Get him down." Peter responds. "Or are you to scared?"
"Hydra didn't raise a bitch." I say walking over to Piet. "Let's go speedy."
"Oh it's on." Piet says.
He, as always, goes for a left punch first. I grab it and flip him onto his stomach. Then dig my knee into his back. He winces in pain. He tries to get out and even Wanda and Peter try to give him tips on getting him out but it doesn't work. He taps out.
"It's not that hard spider kid." I says to my twin.
"Well you were trained by two different places."
"You have a metal arm and spider sense. You can literally feel that something's gonna hit you and don't do anything about it."
"I'm sorry I'm not the perfect murderer like you are." He says.
"Like you haven't murdered people to. We have all done things we aren't proud of."
"That doesn't give us an excuse. Something that you aren't proud of is drinking and acting stupid not murdering so many people you lost count Scar."
I just stare at him. He know I hate this topic.
"Could we not talk about this right now?" I ask in a stern tone.
"No. We need to talk about this now." He responds.
"Do you know how many beating I took protecting you? How many experiments they did on me they were planning to do on you? I saved you from as much pain as I could Peter. So stop bringing up this shit again. You know I hate everything I have done. You know I hate myself everyday because of the things I did. You know I still here every plead, cry, and scream for me not to kill them. You know I can't ever stop thinking about how I could have saved you from more pain. So just stop."
I turn and walk straight to the door. I walk out and get into the elevator. I tell F.R.I.D.A.Y. to take me to my room. I get off the elevator and make it to my room before breaking down. I tell her to lock my door and crumble onto the cold bathroom tile. I sit and cry. Fri notifies me that someone is at my door. I'm to out of it to understand who. I hear banging on my door then it stops for a minute. I think whoever it is finally left. Then I here my door getting broken down. I would normally jump up with a knife and be prepared to kill whoever just broke my door but i'm to upset. I just sit there with my knees up to my chest and my head in my hands crying. I feel a cold hand on my shoulder. I would normally flinch and try to break whoever's hand that is but I don't I don't look up and I just stay still trying to silence my endless tears. Whoever it is sits down next to me and rubs circles in my back. Once they start whispering comforting words I realize it's dad. I then curl up into his chest grabbing him and hugging him tight. I grab him like i'll never see him again. Like if I let go he won't be there. Like I'd just be sitting on the bathroom floor alone again. He holds me there for what feels like hours. We don't talk we just sit there. Eventually I fall asleep on him. He slowly picks me and and puts me on my bed. He curls up next to me because he doesn't want to leave me alone.
Bucky's POV
I stand there watching as Scarlett takes down Pietro with ease. She makes the motions look so fluid. Once he taps out her and Peter start bickering. I'm talking to Steve so I don't catch the first half but then I here Scarlett start going off on Peter.
"Do you know how many beating I took protecting you? How many experiments they did on me they were planning to do on you? I saved you from as much pain as I could Peter. So stop bringing up this shit again. You know I hate everything I have done. You know I hate myself everyday because of the things I did. You know I still here every plead, cry, and scream for me not to kill them. You know I can't ever stop thinking about how I could have saved you from more pain. So just stop."
She turns and walks straight to the elevator. Everyone's jaw drops. Nobody was expecting her to go off like that. I immediately go to the elevator to follow while Nat and Steve deal with Peter.
I make it to her door and knock. Friday tells me she locked it. I try to get her to override and she won't. I bang on the door. I'm scared of what i'll find in there. I don't know what's going on in her mind. I don't know if she will be angry and want to hurt someone or if she'll be curled up in a ball having a panic attack. It won't budge so i move back and kick it down. I run in and don't see her. I finally make it to the bathroom. I see her on the floor with her knees to her chest and her head in her hands crying. I lay my hand on her shoulder. She doesn't even acknowledge my existence. I sit next to her and start rubbing circles on her back. Then I start to whisper some comforting words. Trying to help calm her down. Once she realizes it's me she curls up into my chest and hugs me like she'll never see me again. I hug her back. After a while she falls asleep on me. I pick her up and put her in her bed. Then curl up next her. I don't want to leave her alone. I don't want her to wake up alone and be in the mindset she was earlier. It could end up badly. After a few minutes Nat runs in. She is mid freak out seeing the door broken in. Then she sees Scarlett asleep on me.
"Is she okay?" Natasha signs to me.
"She's better." I sign to her. "Her door was locked and Friday wouldn't let me in so I broke it. Then i found her on the bathroom floor. I touched her and sat with her and she didn't move. She didn't try to push me away. She didn't even look at me. Once I started whispering things to try to help calm her down she realized that it was me and she curled up into my chest. She grabbed me like she like never get to touch me again. It was heartbreaking. She eventually fell asleep and I brought her in here. What happened?"
"Peter made a comment about her killing people and that she shouldn't make excuses and she just went off. I guess that's a new trigger. We should probably start writing these down somewhere to make sure to avoid it as much as possible." Nat signs to me.
"That sounds like a good idea. I already have one for each of you guys. I'll add the kids to it."
Nat nods and makes her way to the other side of the bed. She curls up on the other side of Scar.
"Is Peter okay?" I sign.
"Yeah. He got upset because he didn't mean to make her upset. He said they mess with each other and bicker. That's just they way they show their love for each other. He didn't know she saved him from pain or anything. He was pretty clueless. Wanda seemed to know what she was talking about. Pietro seem just as clueless as Peter." Nat signs.
We both look down and Scarlett. She looks so peaceful. I see a tear slowly makes its way down her cheek. I wipe it away before it falls off. Nat and I calm down and do our own things. Friday quietly informs us lunch is ready. We tell her we are busy and we carry on. A few hours later Scarlett starts to move around and is whispering something in Russian. It's so quiet neither of us understand. We try to wake her up and calm her down. Finally she jerks awake and starts to panic. She grips the sheets and breathes heavily.
Scarlett's POV
I look around and i'm not in the bathroom. I'm back in Hydra. I'm in the dull grey room I lived in. I here a banging and see they are back to take me to the chamber. Then I wake up. I grip the sheets. I feel like I can't breathe. I look around and i'm back in my room. Next to me are my parents trying to calm me down. My ears feel like they are full of cotton. I can't tell what they are saying. The room starts to spin. I start shaking.
"I-I can't breathe." I spit out between breaths.
Someone grabs my hand and put it on their chest. It's Papa.
"Match my breathing. Try. Please." He says and starts to breathe dramatically.
I close my eyes tight. I'm scared if I open them I'll be back in Hydra.
"Open your eyes. Look at me Scarlett. Look. At. Me." Papa says.
I open my eyes and look at him. He is still breathing dramatically. I slowly start to breathe normally again. After a few minutes I'm breathing like normal. Mama is rubbing circles on my back. I'm still shaking. Once Papa let's go of my hand I curl into Mama's chest. She hugs me tight. Once I'm not shaking as bad anymore I let go of her.
"Are you okay?" Papa asks.
"Y-yeah. I guess so." I say back.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.
I shake my head. Just the thought makes my breath speed up. Papa grabs my hand again. Before he can get it to his chest I have calmed down.
"Capsicle would like to inform you dinner is ready." Friday states.
"How long have I been out?" I ask.
"A few hours. You want to go eat?" Mama asks.
"Yes please." I say.
"Let's go then." Papa says.