There Isn't Enough Time..

"There's no time." Stein said. "We need to defeat Medusa and hurry to the Kishin at once, but.." Stein tried to do a Soul Force attack but Medusa only dodged on her Vector Tail.

"Got you." Medusa said as her tail went above Stein and then behind him. She quickly got a kick at him. When she landed three more Vector Arrows appeared and started for Stein, Stein cut them in two.

"Medusa hasn't made any attempts whatsoever to end this fight." Spirit said. "She's simply trying to buy time."

Stein took in a breath. He knew there wasn't a way he could win with his head filled with thoughts.

"Stein! Are you out of it? You have no edge to you anymore." Spirit said.

"Be quiet. I'm trying to bring it back now." Stein said as he raised his hand.

"What is it I want to do, you ask? Isn't that obvious? I want to dismantle." Stein said after turning his screw until it clicked.

"How adorable. It makes me want to tease you." Medusa said.

"Yes. I almost forgot it's my job to control this insane fool." Spirit said as Stein's ear-to-ear smile showed in his blade.

"I'll say it again. Join me. This never changing, repetitive world doesn't suit you. Let us use the inconceivable power of the Kishin. Hell, my daughter could easily become one if she really tried. Then, we'd really have some power, don't you think?" Medusa said.

"Long ago, I was analyzed by foolish doctors who feared my violent tendencies and selfish thoughts!" Stein ran at Medusa and swung at her, " They had elated looks on their faces, as if they were trying to solve the puzzle in a mystery novel! They'd theorize their hearts out, wondering if something happened in my past, or if I'd come in contact with a bad influence of some sort! What a bunch of nonsense. I've always wanted to break things apart from the very start!" Stein said.

"Are you trying to say I'm the same as those doctors?"

"When I was in kindergarten, I'd get very nauseous whenever I saw the other children listen to the teachers or play games. I would almost piss my pants at the sight of everyone focusing on the chalkboard and taking notes!"

"What kind of story is that? Talk about boring. It almost makes me nauseous." more Vectors shot at Stein he blocked them and went for Medusa's tail, she dodged by doing a flip above him. "Are you mocking me?" she asked as she blocked another swing. "Your tiresome attacks have no flair to them at all... I'm so bored I could piss my pants."

"Now, now. Don't say that. This is my answer to your invitation. As I matured and grew stronger, the bounds of madness inside me expanded. Do you know what it was that stopped me?"

"Fear."

"Yes, I was afraid. Afraid of the person I would become. Even though the only thing I cared about was that I had fun! That's why I needed it. Not the frustrating rule of a greedy dispot... but the rule of a god without an ego." Stein's hand glowed.

"So let us create rules for a new world."

"That's your ego talking, isn't it?"

"No, but that will become the standard before long. A standard you will follow, too." Medusa got a good hit with a Vector Drill in Stein's stomach.

"Stein!" Spirit yelled as Stein coughed up blood. "You'll just get struck back like this if you attack with sheer force!"

"What will happen to my immoral feelings about gods before ego becomes the standard?" Stein asked. He was on one knee. " I cannot go along with you!"