Part Twenty-nine

He needed a quick shower before he joined the meeting. That made him realize he had no idea how he would join the online briefing. The couple and the baskets were no longer outside. He brought out his android phone as soon as he entered his room.
‘Jason where am I doing the conference?’ he sent a personal message to Jason.
He got a reply almost immediately.
‘My house’ Jason wrote.
He was at Jason’s door within seven minutes after feeling refreshed. The glass but opaque door opened as he got to it. Now this was a grand parlor.
“Meeting about to start” he heard Jason making him turn.
There was a TV like the one in the smaller duplex but it was on and split into six. He ignored the beautiful sight before him and sat down on one of the navy blue cushion chairs facing the TV. Just as he sat down, the screens began to fill up. Mark, Doc, Fast, Major, Wild then his face and Jason’s face were on the last screen. Ghost was not there.
“Major where is Ghost?” he asked.
“He has been put to sleep by my wife. She had to inject him” Major said.
Major’s wife was a medical doctor, the reason Doc became a doctor. 
“But how was he?” Doc asked.
“Terrible Doc” Fast said.
“You think he may need to be debriefed?” Mark asked.
“Too early to say Mark but this incident will sure trigger memories” Wild answered.
It was going to be tough for Ghost because he had been in that situation. When he was little he had been the only one to escape. Ghost was somehow mysterious. Even though he was the funny one among them, he had the darkest past which he seldom shared.
“Fast anything?” Wild asked.
“Yes. Not too long I came back. I’m at Ghost room now. The police had arrested Musa but residence are scared because of bodies lying on some of their roofs. There were massive crowd in Farouk’s house, also Omakor’s house. Umaru is already receiving condolences on both deaths. I read about Farouk and he is a member of Umaru’s party and as you know, Omakor is his lawyer. I just got back from his house. I’ve bugged part of it and it was easy because I was on military uniform. That’s all for now. I will soon find out Musa’s confession. Right now my eyes are damn heavy and I need a nap” Fast said.
“Jason any news?” Wild ask.
“The police were in the house but left after they found Tamed was not around. I will be going to put visuals for Chief and Ojogolo today. For now nothing” Jason said.
“The president is right now outside the country and would need report once he comes back, that will be before he visits Lagos. Let’s try to wrap up these two missions before then” Major said.
“Tamed how is Halima doing?” Wild asked.
“Still afraid. Don’t worry I will find a way to lesson her fears so Cindy can join her” he said.
“Doc have you conducted the test from the blood sample?” Wild asked.
“Yes, gave it to the lab. Will check my email later in the day to find out the results. But I hope you’ve been giving her the prescription?” Doc asked.
“I forgot” he answered.
“I will send Jason the prescription to get another one. Please it’s important you don’t forget” Doc said.
“Any other thing?” Major asked.
“No. Doc will give us a report of her mission later. I got a message from Stud. She said no attack on Mama Sunday yet” Wild said.
“I’m off to take a nap” Major said.
Jason switched off the TV.
“So right now all I have to do is wait” he said.
Jason nodded.
“Dark Prince..sorry Tamed. Would you like to take some cooked food?” Cindy asked.
She was not around until now. He nodded. That would save him a lot of stress.
“Okay. Let me pack them up” she said leaving the parlor.
“Jason I need to read everything about Ojogolo and Chief again. Can you forward everything to Circle app? If possible the files on Ghost mission” he said.
Jason nodded. Cindy came back few seconds later with a bag and gave it to him.
“Thanks” he said.
As he got to the door, it opened for him. Before he came outside, he saw Cindy sitting on Jason’s lap, her head on his shoulders and her hands on his waist while Jason operated a small system. He shook his head.
    Immediately he entered his parlor, he opened the app. The file was already there but he ignored it and scrolled up. He found the video Doc talked about. It must have been the flight bird. Ghost had little Omakor on his shoulders and there were two bags in his hand. The boy held Ghost’s neck to steady himself as he laughed. A woman who must be Omakor’s wife followed along with a baby in her back. Ghost dropped the bag by the booth while the woman entered the front seat to open the booth. He saw Ghost quickly insert something under the booth. He placed the bags in the booth and carried the boy to the passenger’s seat. The woman shouted a thank you as she drove off. Ghost looked at the flight and winked. The video stopped. Ghost had a way of making people like him. It was so sad that the people in the video were no more. That made him remember he was supposed to ask Jason for George’s video but that would have to wait. As he was about to open the files Jason had sent, his watch vibrated. He checked it and saw a padlock with receive on the right and reject on the left. He pressed receive and he saw activated. His phone vibrated.
‘Now you can open the gate. I’m off for my mission. Cindy is around. She has no lectures today, you can ask her anything’ Jason wrote.
‘Okay’ he replied.
  He spent the whole of the remaining morning reading the files, starting from Ojogolo then Ghost’s mission. When he was halfway through with Ghost’s mission, he checked the time. It was 1:54PM. He brought out the food Cindy had given him.
“Wow” he said.
It was eguisi soup and eba. He brought out a plates from one of the cupboards and cut out some for Halima.
She was still by the wardrobe, her knees raised up and her head on her knees. She had emptied the breakfast. She started shaking as he went close.
“Halima. I don’t want to see this gown on you when I come back this night. Take a bath and change to any of your new clothes. Do you understand?” he asked trying his best to sound friendly.
She nodded immediately. He took the breakfast plates and cup and left the room. He thought of switching on the TV but shook his head. TV was not his thing. He went back to the files he was reading after eating the remaining eba and eguisi soup. The files on Ghost’s mission were many. This was because The Special Force had been the first to go for the mission but they could not discover a single evidence. They only had suspicions. The president had requested t
The Circle to take over. The big issue right now was how Omakor got the flash drive and if that was the evidence he meant. Because even with the flash drive, Abdu would be the only person that would be in trouble because of Musa, but even that was not enough to prove him guilty. One thing they were sure of was Chief was friends with both of them especially Umaru, and Halima could be the first link between them. His phone vibrated making him to open the Circle app.
There was a picture with a name Osama written on it.
‘This is Ojologo’s son. A student of Uniben. It's not too long he left his father’s territory after getting a desert pistol. He is twenty two and about to carry out his third killings as a Black Axe member. His target is not a rival cult member but someone who Osama wants to punish for dating a girl he wants. Venue is Ekosodin, Newton Street, the road close to Fatima hostel, Winners Street.’ Jason wrote.
‘Where are you?’ Wild asked.
‘On my way to Benin. Visual is now in their meeting place. Flight 19 now activated’ Jason answered.
‘What is Flight 19?’ he asked.
‘A baby wall gecko’ Mark answered.
‘Wild is it going to be alpha or omega?’ he asked.
‘Major’s call’ Wild wrote.
‘Omega with target in the act. Let’s shake Ojogolo’s table’ Major answered.
‘Okay. I got it’ he wrote.
‘Tamed I will send you a direction to the street. Get there before 8:00PM. You have the picture and your spec is powerful enough to see him. He will be waiting for Prosper close to Fatima hostel’ Jason wrote.
‘Okay’ he wrote and dropped his phone.
Major hardly gave an omega order in cases like this but it looked like he was in a bad mood like all of them and it was Ojogolo’s son.

UNTAMEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara