Part Twenty-five

{Then disturbing reports will come in from the north that will throw him into a panic.}

   He was getting agitated as Ibe continued. This was because Ibe was putting Sunday’s mum at risk.
“I have heard the rumor that he had killed Lord Nero and his clan but how did you know he had done it himself?” Ojogolo asked.
“Akam had told us before he was killed by him. He was part of Lord Nero’s crew and whenever he came to Asaba, he had always looked for trouble and bullied families boasting he was the right hand man to Lord Nero. Obinna had stopped him one of the days and he had seen it as a way to revenge when they had seen Obinna close to Lord Nero’s territory. Akam had told Lord Nero he was a soldier and Lord Nero became suspicious. You know how Lord Nero treated those he saw as threat. He had made Akam disclose Obinna’s house and Akam said he had thought Lord Nero would only kidnap the lady so he had led them straight to their house but did not join them. One night, Akam had ran to Asaba to beg Mama Sunday to help save his life. He said Lord Nero was missing and all his men were being hunted and he said he had escaped one of his hunt and the man he had seen was looking like a complete beast with no soul. While he was begging that night, Obinna had arrived and even with Akam’s mum’s pleading, he had slit Akam’s throat and left the wailing woman childless. She was so heartbroken that she had called the police but the police had even carried Akam’s body away. They had said he was among the list of wanted criminals and they would not even allow the poor woman bury her son, they said the dead body was now government property. I am risking my life to come here, that’s why I’m trying to convince you to find another way. I have to come when I got the message because I need money for my wife’s treatment and business have been bad. Drug people recently invaded Abbi community where I get my supply of Igboh and selling palm wine is not enough. After thinking about it, I made up my mind to risk it and hope he won’t find out. Even if you want to attack him, can you first confirm the direction I gave was correct so I can run away? He won’t come after my family but just me.”
‘You can go Ibe” Ojogolo said.
“Wait! I forgot to tell you one important thing” Ibe said.
“Which is?” John asked.
“He has friends like him. You should also be careful of his soldier friends” Ibe said.
Ibe was really going too far.
“Explain” John said.
“Money” Ibe said.
“I think..”
“Give him” Ojogolo said interrupting John.
“This is money” Ibe said.
“Tell us” John said.
“Even though I’ve not seen them since Abigail was killed, I know they will back him up. I don’t know their names but one had been introduced to Mama Sunday as Abigail’s younger brother. He used to speak fast like white people. You hardly understand what he says. Then there was one who had come too but just once. He wore black clothes and black gloves and dark eyeglasses. Mama Sunday said he did not speak but was always typing on his phone to respond to Abigail’s brother. That one made us at the palm wine joint afraid especially when he looked at us. It was as if he could read your inner thoughts and know what crime you had committed. Then there was one that was like Obinna in statue. He was on military uniform the day he had visited Mama Sunday with the others. Obinna is a hunter but that one had the aura of a warrior. He had a way of making everyone afraid without even uttering a single word. I wonder how Abigail could cope with them, she was the only one not afraid of them. Apart from Abigail’s brother, Mama Sunday was afraid of all of them. That one was very funny and always played with kids whenever he came. He was the only one behaving normal until he threw a knife at a chicken being pursued by one of the children. It was a bit far from where he was seating but the knife had hit the chicken’s neck killing it instantly. While the kid panicked from what they had just experienced, he went and picked the chicken, gave some money to the kid and gave it to Mama Sunday who was already shocked from his action. Then he acted as if he had not done anything unusual. Mama Sunday told me that all of them are soldiers and they are very close but I don’t think they are the typical Nigerian soldiers.”
“Then they might have helped him hunt Lord Nero” Ojogolo said.
“No, Akam said it was just Obinna. No one knows why his friends did not join him but Akam said there was no other one.”
“If you want my advice on what to do I can help if you pay me” Ibe continued.
“Now you are taking this too far” John said.
That was what he was thinking.
“But you cannot kill me, it’s a peace message” Ibe said.
“Give him” Ojogolo said.
“My father once said if you want to eat a toad better eat the whole body so you will not be angry when they call you toad eater. Let me know what killed me” Ibe said.
“Tell us and stop wasting my time” John said.
“I only have one short advice for you. My grandfather once said that it is not the same trap you used to catch a rabbit that you will use to catch a bull. If you are looking for Obinna, then he must know you are coming. You cannot take him unawares. Abigail’s case was different. Akam had made Lord Nero target his wife even before he had started hunting them. And he was not around unlike now he is around and he has no one. Mama Sunday said even she can’t get to him. He hardly goes there and anytime he comes, he looks soulless and emotionless. He looks like someone who wants to kill. Mama Sunday is even afraid of the beast he had completely turned to. I even think that may be the reason his friends had stopped coming. The man you are looking for is different from the man I just told you about, at least that one had a soul and had someone keeping him in check. I have told you my own, I’m leaving.”
The audio stopped and immediately, he heard shouts and chants from his idiot comrades.
“The legend” Fast said.
“This is my best bonfire this year” Mark said.
“Even Tamed did not tell it like this. Wow” Doc said.
“I can’t believe I had to listen to this in an office and not around a fire. I’m sad” Ghost said.
“Tamed you never told us you rode a bull” Jason said.
Even Jason had joined them.
“I have never even considered riding one before, but I’m adding it to my do list” Fast said.
“And Tamed how come you were not afraid of your ancestors? How could you move them from their position?” Ghost asked.
“And please I need to know how you injected those bulls” Doc said.
“Tamed I need explanation on the Tiger part please. I thought it was a bull?” Wild said.
“My concern here is that net trap” Mark said.
“How many bulls did you capture in total?” Fast asked.
“If I had known it was going to be this interesting, I would have postponed it for a bonfire night. Jason you could have warned me” Wild said.
“I am still sad but Tamed I can’t believe you never told us about those soldiers” Ghost said.
“Don’t forget Okemili who killed a whale” Mark added
“Ghost you know what? I think we should look for that man and pay him to tell us more” Fast said.
“That’s a good idea” Ghost responded.
“Unbelievable” he shouted hitting his starring.
“I can’t believe you’ve all deviated from the main focus here. Do guys realize Mama Sunday is at risk now?” he shouted.
“I strongly believe we have not. You are the main focus” Ghost said.
“Now you know how he was able to make them use a net instead of a trap. That means Ojogolo believed everything the man said” Wild said.
“Yes but Chief believes Tamed is working for his political opponent and also one of the guards must have sold him to you” Jason said.
“I think we need to look into our legendary stories. Tamed had been keeping the important things out. For now only three stories are valid, we should scrap Wild’s story and look for someone who knows him.  In fact everybody’s story is invalid. Imagine the many things Tamed did not tell us. With that we can rearrange the tales” Mark said.
That caught his attention.
“What do you mean by three valid stories?”
“For now the circle legendary book has George, Doc and now you’ve been confirmed making it three. Wild must have skipped important things too” Mark said.
“They are four Mark. How can you scrap sons of thunder?” Doc asked.
“But those stories are not completely real now” Mark asked.
“They were the first set of the Circle. We were five then. Myself, Tiger, Tamed, James and John known as sons of thunder. What made you believe it’s not true?” Wild asked.
“You are trying to tell me just two people ended the first Boko Haram sect which is still currently their worst defeat. Just two” Mark said.
“Mark you are still new. You have not even joined the navy when it happened. That should be eight or nine years ago. Although only one came back alive” Major said.
“I know the full story I just thought it was spiced up to encourage Special Force during initiation night” Mark said.
“Tamed and I had been the backup but we had met no breathing human except James who was also called Wolf. He was completely battered. John was dead. He had thrown himself on James seconds before a bomb exploded and James and gone insane. He never recovered and he had to be taken to the States for debriefing” Wild said.
He had not thought of those two for a long time. He remembered James had come back few months later to beg for another debriefing. He had asked Wild to do it. But even Wild could not help because his mental state had been worsened from his break up with John’s sister. He even refused to explain what led to the breakup. Later, he had withdrawn from society and when they had tried visiting, he had pleaded with them to leave him alone. He said he might have a chance of healing if the Special Force never showed up. They had granted him his wish. That was more than seven years ago since they saw him last. There was something he needed to clarify.
“Why is George’s story valid?”
“Tamed you did not watch the video? Ask Jason when you meet him” Doc said.
Which he was definitely going to do.
“Tamed I still need answers about the tiger” Wild said.
“Please, let’s focus on the issue on ground” Major came in.
“Thank you Major” he said.
“But you will still explain the tiger story and answer our questions when this is over” Major added.
Even Major had joined them. Now he believed what Cindy had said about them. They were all abnormal.
“You guys have not answered me about Mama Sunday” he said.
“I’m working on it Tamed” Major said.”
“How?” he asked.
“The Python Special Force team are at Agbor. They just finished an alpha order. I’m sending a message for them to release three to Mama Sunday’s place. I specifically requested that Stud should be included. Done. I have sent it” Major said.
Although Major was always with the Circle, he was still the commander in charge of the Special Force. He had the power to give an omega or alpha order on robberies and kidnappings that was if they were to be confronted in the act.
“There is also the fact that he exposed you people” he said.
“Tamed you have a complicated case right now, let’s deal with that man later” Major said.
“I guess that man was not around when Major and you guys paid Mama Sunday a visit” Wild said.
“You are now in Benin but twenty one minutes away from my place. I have sent the directions to your computer” Jason said.
He was not even aware he had entered Benin. He was at Ramat Park and the only car on the road.
“After a successful bonfire night, it’s time for me to fly back to Abuja” Fast said.
“And Sabrina you can join me in my…”
“Not gonna happen” Sabrina said.
“I’ve been trying to understand this puzzle I saw in a flash drive in one of Omakor’s safe. I’m sending the file now. Please someone explain these puzzle” Ghost said.
“Ghost is in Omakor’s office?” Major asked.
“Yes” Wild said.
“I came to bug the office after bugging Umaru’s office. Then I was searching for any clue to my mission. I have been trying to understand this puzzle” Ghost said.