Chapter 6 (Currently Editing)

I didn't talk to David for a number of days. I didn't know what to say or if this would effect everything.

I walked the beach, thinking when I saw David standing near the lifeguard chair. I tried to walk pass without him noticing but he turned right as I shifted direction.

"Hey, Emily," He said with a small smile on his face.

"Hey," I softly said and continued walking. He got a confused look on his face and grabbed my arm softly and pulled me over to him. I shook him away.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Why didn't you tell me, David?" I crossed my arms. I understood the situation but I didn't understand why he wouldn't tell me.

He sighed. "About the incidents?" I nodded. "That was a year and a half ago."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I repeated.

"I wanted to start over, okay?"

"You lied to me. You gave off the impression that you were a great guy. I never realized how little I knew about you."

"Emily..."

I didn't let him finish. "You know, I didn't come her for some stupid summer romance with a random guy I just met?" I paused. "How do I know you won't do it again?"

He took a step closer. "I'm not that guy anymore." He placed both his hands on my face, stroking his thumbs against my skin. "I'm not that guy anymore." He repeated. "I promise."

"How do I know that the old David will come back?"

He didn't answer. He just brought his face close to mine, fast and placed his lips on mine. I didn't move. It's like I forgotten what was going on. His lips distracted me from everything. I found my hands resting on his hips as we continued the kiss. Much longer than the first and was faster.

He finally pulled away, his face still close to mine, our hands staying in their positions. 

"I'm not that guy anymore. I want you to know that." He gave me another kiss before pulling me into his arms.

David and I decided to meet up when the sun was about to set. 

We've been meeting up at sunset a few times a week for a month now. A lot has happened in that month. I spent half my time with my family and the other half with David. Our families have grown to become friends and Sophie and I became extremely close friends and would hang out when David was working.

I walked down the beach, keeping an eye out for David. I saw him standing in front of the ocean, staring at the moving water. He stood in front of the water a lot. He turned to me as I got closer. He smiled at me and I smiled back. We had no reason to meet up here. We just wanted to be with each other.

"Hey, Emily," David greeted once I stood beside him. "Nice evening, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is," I said. He placed an arm around me, pulling me in and giving me a kiss.

"I didn't see you today. How was your day?" He asked.

"It was well. I hung out with Sophie."

He nodded. "Well, I'm glad you love my sister." He lifted me up in his arms. "Almost as much as I love you." He placed another kiss on my lips.

"I love you too," I said into the kiss. I pulled away a bit. "It's August," I said.

He gave a small frown. "I know."

"Should we talk about what we will do when I leave?"

He stared into my eyes. "Not now. Soon, though. I want to savor this moment." He didn't let me speak when he placed another kiss on my lips.

He brought us down so he was sitting in the sand and I sat on his lap and continued kissing. I have never felt this way about anyone in my life.

I woke up the next morning, in the sand, laying between David's legs. We were awoken by a tab on David's foot.

"Wake up, sunshine," I heard a voice. We both blinked our eyes and looked at the person talking. Ted.

"What are you doing here, Ted?" David asked, aware of the situation.

"I should be asking you the same question." Ted motioned towards his house. "Your Dad has breakfast ready and he would like to know if Emily would like some."

"Has he been spying on me all night?"

"If you mean setting up a bed on the porch with binoculars, then yes."

David threw his head back. "Oh my God."

"Also, we invited Emily's family to join us." I looked at him in surprise. "Your Dad and Mark camped out on the porch together. So was your brother and his friend."

I threw my head back onto David's chest.

"Privacy," David said to Ted.

"Overprotective parenting." He paused and clapped his hands. "Get up. Time to start the day."

We both sat up as Ted walked away. We looked at each other and stifled some laughs before getting up and walked to the house.

"About time you two woke up," Mark said as David and I walked up the steps to the porch. "it's eight-thirty."

David yawned and took a seat at the outdoor table. Mark placed a plate in front of David and handed me one with food already on it. I went and sat beside David. He was half asleep.