Chapter 4

Later we all said our goodbyes and headed home. I had a great time getting to know David and his Dad. I learned even more things that we had in common. It was almost freaky about how much we had in common.

When we got back to the house Timmy got a phone call from Drew. Drew is going to be arriving the following day and he wanted to tell Drew about everything that's going on.

Drew never really liked me. To him, I was always just his best friends little sister.

That night when I went to bed I prayed to mom about my life and told her everything I wanted to happen. I told her about David and his Dad and how friendly they were. I told her all about my growing feelings towards David. Sometimes, she was easier to talk to then it was to talk to my family. I think it's because I never had a woman figure in my life and she was really the only one I could talk to about this stuff.

The next day we cleaned up a little before Drew showed up. I headed down to the beach when I was done. As I walked down, I saw David and Sophie walking together. We smiled at each other and walked towards each other. David was wearing a navy blue T-shirt and knee length camo shorts. Sophie was in this amazing blue knee length summer dress.

''Hey, Em." David greeted me once we stood in front of each other. 

I smile. "Hey, guys."

"Hi, Emily." Sophie greeted. She took in the rays of the sun. "This has got to be the nicest day we've ever had up here."

"It's perfect," David said.

Sophie smiled at me. "You know what Emily? You and I should hang out sometime." Sophie asked.

I nodded. "That would be great," I answered.

Sophie looked at her watch. "I have to get to work. See you two around." Sophie said before kissing David's cheek and walked down the beach.

"So, Emily. You want to go for a walk?" David asked with a hopeful smile.

I nodded and we began walking. The summer air was fresh and cool. The waves came to the beach so peacefully. Children were running in the ocean and splashing eachother. David was still on lifeguard duty. He was taking a double shift. He decided not to wear his lifeguard shirt. The only indication that he was a lifeguard was the whistle around his neck. He saw two kids try to push eachother under the water, David told them to not do that and they listened.

"How are you, Emily?"

"Great."

He walked close beside me. Close enough that I could catch his sweet scent and feel his body temperature transfer to me.

We didn't notice that the clouds shadowed us until rain fell down slowly and then all at once. We ran to a boardwalk up ahead. Rain slowly falling from the cracks between the boards. We were drenched at this point. We softly laughed about it then smiled at each other. I shivered as a gush of cool wind wiped my arms. I was shocked when David grabbed my hand. "You okay, Emily?" David said staring right into my eyes with this glow on his skin and a sparkle in his eyes. He had a hoodie wrapped around his waist like he knew that there would be a change in the weather. And without a word he put the hoodie around me and hugged me.

"I'm fine, David," I told him in a soft tone. The warmth of his body keeping me warms as the wind kept blowing. He didn't seem to have the sense that he was cold. He wasn't forming any goosebumps or shivered. He was warm. He then softly kissed my cheek. Sending warmth to my face.

We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever. I couldn't help but stare at his full lips. It was like he knew what I was thinking when he placed a soft hand right above my waist out of respect and then rested his other hand on my cheek, stroking it with his thumb and with no further questions, we leaned slowly into each other until our lips came in contact. His lips were warm. Just like his entire body. It had to be the most passionate kiss in the world. It was the greatest kiss I have ever recieved. It wasn't rushed or forced. I had a boyfriend the year before and his kisses never compared with David's. I felt a spark when he kissed me. His hand still resting on my cheek and the hand on my waist moving around me, pulling me closer. I was long. More than just a few seconds. His kisses were something I wanted to treasure for the rest of my life. "You warm now?" David asked me with a smile on his face.

"Yes, I am," I said and we hugged each other again and he kissed my forehead softly. "I better be getting home. I promised I'd be home to greet Drew. And also, I might as well dry off a little."

"I think I'll do the same. No one will be allowed in the water in this weather." He kissed me again. "Now, let's do this." He grabbed his hoodie and placed it above both of our heads and we ran across the beach to my house first so he could drop me off. He gave me another kiss on the lips before running to his house. Thinking of the wonderful moment we finally shared with each other. The kiss we've both been waiting for but were too afraid to try it. I slowly opened the door and leaned my back on the door as I closed it. I rested against the door for a while. I had this smile on my face that couldn't be wipe away. Nothing could take it away. I was wrong.