Chapter 17

I and Timmy headed back home around eight the next morning. We grabbed some snacks and put them in a bag along with drinks laying in their boxes in the back seats. Which didn't last long. 

We got back home around noon and cleaned out the car. After putting my stuff away I decided to go for a walk around town. It always helped me to keep my mind off some things.

I walked to the farm feilds near my house. I always walked there when I needed time to myself. There was especially a place down there that was very private. It was an abandoned farm house out in the way back of the feild. No one owns the property so I wasn't breaking and entering. It was an old barn. There is still hay borrows that I used as seats so that I can read, think, or just relax. I came here a lot after I and David stopped keeping close contact. I would usally just lay there and rest. It wasn't the most comfortable place to rest but I didn't care, it wasn't as painfull as the feelings I had after that summer.

I walked up a ladder in the barn and climb up to the chicken coop. I like sitting up there. That's where I got most of my privacy.

I just sat there thinking about David. Looking for a prom dress was another thought that ran through my head, but it kept coming back to David. The thing that kept me calm was that he was going to move up here. I just wished he would be here for prom next month. I'm just going with friends and their all bringing their dates. They asked if they could hook me up with a date, they've even tried a few times. I kept saying no, that I didn't want a date and that I wanted to go with just them. The truth was though, I couldn't go to prom with someone other than David. I don't have the erge to go to prom with anyone other than David. I am hoping not to regret that decision in the future.

I just sat on the hay stacks and pulled out my CD player that was in the bag I brought. I dug through my bag until I came across a CD of The Backstreet Boys. I played the music and just sat there as I stared at the empty farm where all I could see was endless hay stacks and a few old decorations from when this place was still active. I pictured what this place looked like when it was still up and running. Picturing animals coming in and out of the barn. Chicks hatching where I was sitting. People practicing bull riding on the mechanical bull that was still seated in the corner of the barn that looked like it hasn't been touched in decades. Well made since. The barn has been abandoned for over thirtie years. I found this place freshman year when I was riding a horse that the neighbors always let me ride, I was going out of sight of their barn and within ten minutes of the horse trouting, I noticed the barn up ahead. It didn't have a house near it but I could see where the house used to stand. The barn didn't looked touched. When I and the horse, his name was Robby, got closer I jumped off him and led both of us inside the barn. Inside I saw poles where they used to tie up the horses. I tied Robby up while I looked around. And listening to the music right now helped me remember that amazing day.

I couldn't compare that day as amazing after I met David; where everyday was amazing. But the day I found out that David used to be a trouble maker and has gotten in trouble with the law.

He said back then he was still upset about his Mom dying, and when she died, his school grades dropped, he always abandoned his homework assignments. His Dad ended up sending him to therapy. That helped him a little. But one day he was so mad about his life that he got in trouble with the cops after pissing on the cop car. They took him in and gave him services to do on weekends. But one day, a few days after he went to the station, he got really depressed, he was depressed for a while before, but this time he almost took his own life. He tried to overdose on pills but his Dad found him in their bathroom taking them. His Dad quickly rushed David to the emergency room, during the time he started to feel dizzy and blacked out. Where they pumped his stomach empty from the pills allowing him to throw up every so often. After that he tried commiting suicide again where he was cutting himself, the razer scratched an artery and he had to be rushed to the hospital again. After that he spent a few months in rehab, which I guessed helped him alot. He did a lot of bad things over the years that got the police involved and he was threatened to be sent to juvinal prison till he was old enough to go to a grown up prison. He thankfully got help and rehab helped him out a lot. Now he's just carefree and being a normal kind teenager.