Chapter 19

The night of prom finally arrived and I lade out everything I needed for prom. Including my dress, a nice, decorated, silver necklace, my one inch high heels, and a few pins for my hair.

I first grabbed the dress and slipped it on before putting my jewelry on. I then sat at my desk with a mirror hanging above it and started doing my hair. I put my hair in little waves and then put two strands of my hair in close curls and pinned them back to the side of my head. The summer sun has lightened my hair at this point, so it's a lighter brown than usual.

I grabbed my small hand purse and walked down the stairs slowly, trying not to trip over my feet. I was never into wearing dresses but I kind of like the feeling. My Dad was standing at the bottom of the stairs snapping pictures, saying things like "You are so beautiful'' or "Perfect."

When I got down the stairs, my Dad motioned for me to stand next to Timmy and Dad snapped a photo of us.

"You look just like your mother." Dad said while holding back tears.

I just smiled and nodded.

Timmy and I hugged each other. "Have fun." Timmy whispered in my ear.

I nodded at him as we parted.

We just smiled at each other for a few minutes until we heard a horn honk outside our house.

"Well, that's my ride." I said.

Dad came up and hugged me. "Be safe, baby girl''

"I will, Dad." I nodded parting from him.

Timmy came up and held out his fist offering me a fist pump. We did so. "Don't make any life altering mistakes tonight."

"I promise, Timmy. I won't" I said giving him a quick hug. "Well I better get going,"

"Goodbye." They both said as I left the house.

My friends where in the car waving their hands out the window screaming with excitement as I approached the car. The screaming got louder when I got into the car. They stopped when Tyrel told them that he needed to focus on the road. I and the girls mostly talked about prom and our dresses while the boys just chilled talking about muscle cars.

We walked into the hotel where the prom was being held. Music was blasting and tables where everywhere. Most of the senior class was there at this point.

We danced to fast music and of course they played "Don't You Forget About Me" from The Breakfast Club. We all got into a clump as the song played and jumped up and down singing the lyrics to the song.

They later that night announced they where going to play a slow song for the dates. The girls wanted me to find someone to dance with but I pushed them off me saying no. Let them have their time. I was still upset that I was alone. So, I just went to the table we picked out that was right next to a wall made out of windows. It started to rain shortly after we got there. The rain came down so heavily that if the music wasn't so loud I could hear the rain hit the pavement outside. There is a river outside the window across from the field outside. Everything seemed so calm.

But that's when I looked out the window and saw it.

A dark figure standing in the rain. I knew it was a boy by his form but I didn't know who it was. All I know is that he's soaking wet.

A car came by on the side road and the cars headlights made a quick light on him before it went dark again.

It was David.